Why get married young than older ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 3:33 pm

I sometimes seem to feel as though life is just passing me by because I seem to think the stages of life which I seem to think ''Neurotypical'' people go through such as being in a relationship long term, getting married, getting a place of your own and having kids are just being delayed more and more while at the same time realising that getting married and having kids is lots of hard work and effort and probably is stressful but I still get those feelings of at some stage to do these things because its what life is all about otherwise to do these stages at a later stage of life would not be even worth thinking about anymore. I just find it frustrating because I see the same process repeated over and over again, a person meets someone, gets into a relationship for a few years, get a place of their own, get engaged, then get married, have kids etc and its still primarily among those in their 20s and still not as much in their 30s or in those even older.

I know I've heard from people that relationships, marriages and kids are not always a path to happiness and contentment but when I am seeing it still happening among people around me I still can't help but feel like I am the only one who is falling more and more behind and I don't know if I am someone who is trying too hard to be like everyone else knowing full well I am quite different.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 5:04 pm

Because getting married younger means having children

That is the main reason!

I decided not to pursue marriage or a romantic relationship in my 20's because I wanted to use that time for self-discovery and becoming more mature

Now at 31 I feel I am ready

I miss intimacy and kissing

And I want to experience sex

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2023, 5:08 pm

Also it's NEVER too late to find love or get married!

My friend Glenn first got married at 38

We just have to be patient and allow this to run their course

Trust the Process!! !

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 6:43 am

You should wait until you're older before you get married so you can enjoy more of your life.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 10:58 am

As people get older the risks of getting married can increase for many. When someone is young they still have their plenty of time to build a life with a partner but as they get older things other than "love" can get in the way.

To old to have kids, financial mismatching making it risky, just not feeling as loved up as you are when younger. It can all play a roll.

I personally don't want to get married anymore.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 12:43 pm

Just because it's typical doesn't mean it's for you, nor that it would make you happy.

Happiness comes from within.. from contentment, from our own thoughts and feelings. What makes you think having a wife/kids/house would make you magically a happy person if you're still thinking miserable thought patterns and constantly comparing yourself to others who have different things than you do? My $1 bet would be that you'd find something else you wish you had in your life to long for and that thing or three would make you unhappy just the same.

You really need an entire attitude shift to one of gratitude and appreciation for the life and things you have. You've even found a way to make yourself feel less than for travelling internationally to something like 10 different countries ffs.

A wife, kids, and mortgage wouldn't solve your internal happiness problems anymore than fame or fortune made Matthew Perry happy. (They didn't, he was transparent about that.)

You need to change Yourself and your thoughts, not add other people and material things into your life expecting them to somehow magically bestow happiness upon you.