Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

25 Oct 2023, 1:18 pm

I don't have any. Cant find anyone like me around. I dont like small talk, friendliness and jokesters. Just looking for someone to do something with, travelling, working etc.
So how do you meet people like you and make friends?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 6:39 pm

I made mine out of lego.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 6:44 pm

Is finding the ones who like you back and who understand you. Good friends don't happen that often. (Once in a decade?) But finding one is like discovering gold!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 7:39 pm

To attract friends, be friendly; but just as important, to attract interest from others, be interesting to others.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2023, 5:56 am

Highly_Autistic wrote:
I dont like small talk, friendliness and jokesters. Just looking for someone to do something with, travelling, working etc.

Have you tried looking for groups on Meetup.com devoted to your specific interests and preferred activities?

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2023, 11:26 pm

I don't. I treat everyone in a friendly way, but I learned as a child that most people aren't going to share my interests, nor I theirs. When things fall together and I do meet someone with similar interests then that's just a nice bonus.

I have a few friends that have accumulated over the years. The one who I have known the longest is another autistic person, though I only learned that after I was diagnosed earlier this year. He was diagnosed about 10 years ago. When I told him about me, he said he had known for years I was autistic, but hadn't felt it was his business to tell me.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................