Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 8:47 pm

In what ways is your job bad for your health?

At home Depot, they installed a code lock on the litterbox. Every time a customer goes to the litterbox, an associate must unlock the door. There are only two places to wash your hands (sinks that are not merchandise) : litterbox and locker room. There is only one sink in the locker room and often someone is using it and no hand soap (sometimes dish soap). The past three weeks, been sick twice. (Before that , 2 years and two months, did not get sick.).

The litterbox often out of order and doesn't even contain enough toilets for all the riffraff.

Lumber department: silicosis

Last year, coworker allegedly got hit by a car

Loud noise, hearing loss, stressful

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2023, 8:50 pm

When I worked my office was full of asbestos. After several years of me using the office they had people come in with Hazmat suits to rip it apart. I'm still a bit worried about that. Another workplace broke noise level violations and contributed to my 24/7 tinnitus ever since.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2023, 11:28 am

I am sedentary.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2023, 1:09 pm

A job can be stressful and stress is one of the biggest silent killers that there is and is responsible for bringing about all kinds of health problems.

Make sure you get enough rest after you have worked. That will go some way to compensating for the stress you will likely endure whilst working, especially as an autistic person.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2023, 11:30 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
A job can be stressful and stress is one of the biggest silent killers that there is and is responsible for bringing about all kinds of health problems.

Make sure you get enough rest after you have worked. That will go some way to compensating for the stress you will likely endure whilst working, especially as an autistic person.

Yes. Granted I don't (yet) have a second job. No spouse or kids or anything like that. But sometimes I have a hard time falling and staying asleep.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2023, 12:00 am

honeytoast wrote:
I am sedentary.

Add enough plushies and you can be sedimentary. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 4:58 am

Last week, at least four different people on the bus coughing. While I tried to move away from them, the bus is not that large. Besides some could be contagious and not have visible symptoms

Last week she, Sergio and Norman said that they were sick

Fear contagion

Also, feet have been feeling frozen in the morning

Have to touch way too many dirty things at work and public transportation

But whatever 40 already pretty old