Do you ever have days where sensory issues are worse..

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 11:50 pm

They give me a headache because they make little prisms in my peripheral vision. ^

I wear blue tinted lenses, and those help.

Regular lenses with blue light blockers, forget it! / my opinion only

BugsBunnyFan
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2023, 11:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
They give me a headache because they make little prisms in my peripheral vision. ^

I wear blue tinted lenses, and those help.

Regular lenses with blue light blockers, forget it! / my opinion only

What do you mean by prism in your peripheral vision? I need prism glasses anyways, so my glasses have prism and blue light blocking.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 6:08 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
They checked for fits on a scan?

Do you mean an EEG?

Yes. EEG. Knew it had three letters!

:D

Very nearly didn't have it as NHS receptionist was a bit nasty ad took a really bad review when I showed my facemask exemption and I asked to wait outside the door (Outside door and surrounds were glass, but she said "If you go out the door, I will cancel your appointment"... Her desc was not far from the door and faced the door to the outside. She insisted I wore my face shield which I knkw I can only do it for a few minutes at most. Nearly walked out. Was jjst about to as I could not stand it any longer when the lady who did the scan came to the rescue! She was lovely. Is a real shame there are so many unreasonable people working for the NHS as she let smokers stand outside rather than light up in the waiting room and the outside was supposed to also be non-smoking!! Why was I barred for waiting outside? Is all wrong! All she had to do was wave to me when my name was called (I would actually hear it from out there).
I know with dentists, they didn't mind at all if I had to wait outside as they completely understood and called me from the door. Had th same issue with doctors receptionists when I could not do crowded places after burnout. They would not let me wait outside even before covid. (My Mum said she would wait in the waiting room and tell me when myname came up but was told "As soon as I go out the door, they class it as appointment cancelled". Why? Gives me issues! Probably if I was diagnosed they would have to accomodate my needs, but why can't they do it anyway? As long as the patients request is reasonable and not stupid! :D )

Haha! I have just thought about it. Dentists didn't mind as they knew that I was likely to get a shutdown and need to lie on the ground, so they would prefer me to lie on the pavement outside than in the waiting room or the corridor where people would have to step over me, and I often ended up on the floor outside! :D Is why I take my Mum, as some people would have called an ambulance, and Mum could explain so they wouldn't.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on Febuary 31st, 2026, 12:42 am, edited 126 time in total.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 12:24 pm

I don't often have entire days when sensory issues are worse, but I certainly have ups and downs with them, just that they rarely last a whole day. They're rather less of a problem when I'm engaged in a task that interests me a lot, as if the hyperfocus helps to screen them out. When I've got nothing of interest to do or when I'm forced to do something I have no great interest in, they come back. Also, when I've known a big challenge was on the horizon, then on the day it's as if my mind and body have prepared themselves for it, and sensory issues seem less intense, or easier to ignore.

It's kind of complicated because I don't know which of my discomforts are ASD sensory issues and which are "real."

Hope this helps.