Entertaining Stories (Loosely) Related to L&D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 12:07 pm

I thought it might be fun to have a thread related to this topic. This thread isn’t about traumatic experiences. It’s about fun, absurd, or awkward memories that you find humorous or amusing now.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 12:12 pm

I went on a date with someone and we were sitting on public transport together, at which point I mentioned to my date, who had gotten a new, edgy haircut that was shaven around the sides of the head, that she seemed to have attracted the attention of a lesbian who was checking her out.

I think I might have made things awkward.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 12:37 pm

I was once looking at ads for the lonely hearts column and someone had described themselves as being "unhinged".

Either they was actually unhinged and quite happy about sharing that fact or they made a mistake and meant to say "unattached".

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 1:30 pm

babybird wrote:
I was once looking at ads for the lonely hearts column and someone had described themselves as being "unhinged".

Either they was actually unhinged and quite happy about sharing that fact or they made a mistake and meant to say "unattached".

:lol:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 4:24 pm

When I was in school, people encouraged my best friend and I to date because we'd apparently be the perfect couple. So we decided 'Sure, why not? Let's give it a go. We get on well enough as friends, maybe it could work?' Anyway, it became quickly apparent that feelings weren't going to develop between us.

During this time, we were voted by our peers to host an Assembly for Valentine's day complete with a prewritten cheesy speech about the power of love that we took turns reading. A gay man and a lesbian who were both unaware of this information at the time.

10 / 10 casting :lmao: I still cringe at that assembly but it is pretty funny to look back on.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 5:44 pm

Back when I was 20, and in the British Army, I had a brief relationship with a 41yo lady who was the camp counsellor. We got on well, but then I got posted to Germany. Fast forward a year and I was back in England for a month and she rang me up to ask if I could help her daughter to find uni accommodation and show her the sights. I did, but one thing led to another and I slept with her as well(she was also older than me by 3 years). I didn’t see anything wrong with it at the time, but I look back now and cringe at those events. :oops:

To clarify, I never met the daughter when I was dating the mother.