Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 11:03 pm

Been working at home Depot for three years as a Lot Attendant.

Today, pushed a couple of shopping carts from receiving to the front entrance. The carts locked. The security guard was holding the "key" (all you have to do is push a button and the carts will unlock). Security guard one had the nerve to bark at me that "you didn't say anything". Security guard two said that I just "stare and expect her to unlock the carts". They got all emotional and acted like I invented the world's worst felony. I was wearing a mask and they were not. Home Depot is often loud and employees are often hard of hearing. Maybe I said something they didn't hear. As usual I didn't bother arguing with them. They were just being "true" to themselves and doing their "best.

"Pick your battles " is good advice but some precious lil"people " pick *all* the battles. They didn't consider someone else's perspective. They didn't give the benefit of a doubt. They didn't consider the big picture.

I feel uncomfortable with security guards like that in the building, especially where I work. If that kind of perceived slight , is something they have to put on a song and dance routine about, then, if some extreme situation occurred, I would not feel safe, having those security guards protect me, because I feel like they would be too busy flapping their lil traps, to do anything useful

Sometimes I feel too tired to talk. Besides usually when I try to say the slightest thing, precious lil "people" half listen and grunt "huh" and "what" like they are the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me "

They, like "most people" talk way too much

They acted like every thought that went through their heads was the latest greatest scientific invention

But they have a "right" to free speech

(Annoying lil dipshits)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 4:44 pm

Take it as a missed social cue.. that coworkers expect some form of verbal communication from you to politely ask them to perform the task you need of them.

Also remind yourself that security guards aren't exactly always amongst "the best and the brightest," so their own social skills may be lacking. (Among other things.) Can't take it too personally. It is what it is.

Next time simply ask/sate "Another batch to unlock - thx!" Or something along those lines and then they have little to b***h about. And if they b***h, whatever, just shrug it off and carry on.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 7:56 pm

Goldfish

No matter what statement or action I tried to make, precious lil "people" (Karens) can and will always help the nerve to tell me off for it.

Nothing is "above reproach"

Meanwhile when they (the security guards and other precious lil "people" that act all self righteous and do not "pick your battles") do something I find bad or wrong i don't have the nerve to tell them about it

1. Did I do it?
2. Is it good, bad, both or neither?
3. Is it bad enough to justify their overreaction?

Nobody is perfect and I am not awesome in any way, shape, or form.

Besides what if I did everything perfectly to their standards, then what? (Whooptie do)

Some precious lil "people are just so full of themselves it makes me wanna vomit