Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2023, 10:18 am

Since 14, itchy ears.

15, cotton swab from qtip got stuck in ear

22, auditory acuity measured at twenty twenty.

Loud noises scare me and it seems that my hearing is a lot better than most other people's

After the cotton swab, been using bobby pin.

They say, "don't put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear.". But I don't understand that statement because anything bigger than your elbow doesn't fit inside your ear. That's like saying "no walking on the ceiling"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2023, 10:34 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
They say, "don't put anything bigger than your elbow in your ear.". But I don't understand that statement because anything bigger than your elbow doesn't fit inside your ear. That's like saying "no walking on the ceiling"

IIRC the phrase is don't put anything except your elbow in your ear, which is to say don't put anything in your ear because it's physically impossible to insert one's elbow.

I've also encountered it as don't put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear, with the same implication.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Nov 2023, 8:50 pm

My audio doctor (I don't know the proper term) once told me that even a q tip is bad to put in the ear.
Now I'm on a regimine of ear drops once a month to soften the wax and let it fall out in the shower.

I have tinnitus because I stupidly tried to unblock my ears with boiling water.

The ears are really delicate it seems.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2023, 10:39 pm

I use peroxide with a little bit of water.
I just pour it in and stay on each side for several minutes.
I love the popping sound and it stops itch, etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Nov 2023, 2:13 pm

My ears itch a lot at times. A few years ago I've gotten a peice of qTip stuck in one of my ears & my doc had to flush it out with a syringe of water. I had ringing in my ear for a couple weeks after that. My doc said I have very thick ear wax & recommended that I use drops to clean them. The drops didn't seem to get anything out. After that I started using an ear scraper tool which helps some; I sometimes scrape a bit of gunk out but sometimes I get nothing. My ears have been more itchy lately & I have a routeine appointment with my GP in a couple days so I may mention it. I wear headphones a lot when I'm on computer & my current 1s are old & really need to be replaced but I don't have much money or know which newer models have really good sound without chraging crazy money so perhaps wearing my old headphones is some of my problem. My head itches a bit too thou sometimes. My head mostly itches where I'm losing my hair(male-pattern baldness & I'm taking various things to try & stop the loss) but I recently read something about a fungus like thing that can affect the head & even the ears & cause them to itch so it might be good to have my doc look. I also have chronic allergies & sinus problems that are in the process of trying to be better addressed & I sometimes have sinus fluid in my ears. There's something else I should discuss during my appointment thou so I'll see how my appointment goes & maybe I'll reply if I hear anything(pun intended) that might potentially be helpfull for someone.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition