The Mirena Coil/IUD being removed (or any type of IUD)

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 4:21 pm

That could be post-removal bleeding.
From what I recall with my daughter it's normal.

Fingers crossed it's not a period.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 6:12 am

I really hope it's just post removal bleeding. But I had all the period pains and feelings coming back that I used to have. I just fear that in one month a real period will happen. The last thing I need on top of everything else. I dunno. I've had enough of life.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 9:03 am

If it's a period it should be light, because you couldn't have ovulated and have built up the lining this time. Relax a bit. If in a month you get a real period (heavy one) then you can ask to be assessed again. In my family women have periods until 57 or 58, so it's possible.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 11:02 am

It's f*****g crap, that's what it is.

My grandma went through the menopause at 40. My mum at 43. Why do I have to go on til 55+ ? Ridiculous.

But haha, it's making my husband feel guilty. I keep saying 'if only you'd had the vasectomy 4 years ago when we talked about it. We wouldn't still be worrying about contraception now.'

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 11:31 pm

Hopefully it's just spotting? Like y-pod said, I don't think you would have ovulated while you had it in. Also, if you do start going through regular cycles again, it might take a few of them before your body adjusts to the change in hormones, so whatever happens the first time may not necessarily be the new normal. I hope anyway.

I'm glad the removal wasn't too bad. I remember when I had mine taken out it wasn't painful at all, but that might have been just because I was so happy to get rid it. I had one of the copper ones because progestins mess with a connective tissue disorder I have, as well as my mental health. For me personally the copper one wasn't great either, though. Loved that it was hormone free, so I just sort of put up with it for several years, but I was anemic no matter what I did due to the heavy bleeding it caused and it cramps could be horrific.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 11:33 pm

KitLily wrote:
But haha, it's making my husband feel guilty. I keep saying 'if only you'd had the vasectomy 4 years ago when we talked about it. We wouldn't still be worrying about contraception now.'

Luckily, it's not too late. :)

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 11:01 pm

I had my uterus decide that the copper IUD had to go. It was partially Expelled by my own body so it wasn't that painful to have it completely removed. It was non hormonal so I didn't have any side effects besides having to switch to condoms for a while and then starting the combination pill which was annoying and had side effects.

When I had to stop the pills, that was bad. It was irregular periods and crankiness. But it stabilized after a while. I don't have experience with any type of menopause yet. Sorry that I cannot be more help.