Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2023, 12:15 am

Been working at home Depot for three years. Lot Attendant. Pushing carts and loading merchandise.

Last year, head cashier Jim told head cashier Marie that lot attendant Tattletale tom got struck by a hit and run driver. Tattletale tom came to work the next day and looked the same as usual. A couple of months ago, a bus struck some dude.

Today, it looked like a day laborer struck a homeless dude that was trying to ride a bike

Feel so endangered. The whole organization is messed up. A disaster waiting to keep happening.

Maybe I will quit home Depot and get dumpster fire jobs at McDonald's and burger king. Only problem: they answer my job applications. But that's just logistics

I hate how, even after a BA in Cognitive science and an associate in accounting, all the jobs I have ever done were just minimum wage jobs that any old monkey can do

I've been wounded

Even if I get two full time minimum wage jobs, I will barely be able to afford room and board. Utilities and public transportation. Even minor household repairs way too expensive

Meanwhile my sister just told me that she is going on a two week vacation to Japan. f*****g jealous. My sister is a physician. Sometimes I wonder, if I were neurotypical and cisgender and academically smart, I would have been just like her

The teaching credential program requires 2.67/4 gpa and mine just 2.1

s**t

Officer candidate school, gpa too low. Clinical depression.

"Life" has been over for a longfuck time, s**t

I've been wounded

Below salvage value

Beyond repair

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2023, 12:34 am

i worked an unsuitable job for 2+ decades, it was the best thing i could rate, having limited edumacation and a skillset nobody else valued. it took all my spoons to just go to that job and come home at the end of the day. we worked 12+ hours 3 days on/2 days off, i used both days off just to recover from the stress of the job. it was a dangerous place, working in a hospital intensive-care level III labor and delivery/post partum unit/NICU. after i left that job it took me 5v years to recover from adrenal exhaustion.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2023, 11:27 pm

It's just way too stressful to have to pay so much attention to so much BS constantly

I just wish there were not so many things to pay attention to

Home Depot is a nightmare waiting to keep happening

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 11:57 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
It's just way too stressful to have to pay so much attention to so much BS constantly

It must be. I'm so sorry. What you said about employees being hit by cars is just horrible.

Have you looked for any remote jobs? With your accounting degree, it seems like there should be some opportunities available. Even customer service work may not be as bad, if you are able to do it from home in a safer setting where you have more control over your immediate environment.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 11:50 pm

blueroses wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

It must be. I'm so sorry. What you said about employees being hit by cars is just horrible.

Have you looked for any remote jobs? With your accounting degree, it seems like there should be some opportunities available. Even customer service work may not be as bad, if you are able to do it from home in a safer setting where you have more control over your immediate environment.

Looked for remote jobs and accounting jobs for a long time and got nowhere

If and when my computer gets fixed I might look for a different job

But first I have to move out, and that might change a lot of things. I might not be able to keep working at that home Depot