Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:15 pm

danlo wrote:
Snape still remains the big mystery, for me. How come Dumbledore was so convinced about Snape? It had to be more than just what Harry found out. As for Snape being the HB-Prince, that was awesome. I don't think, though, that he would have created the psuedonym "Half-Blood Prince" as if it was a badge of pride, if he was really a Death Eater. Is Dumbledore's death a ploy to allow him to find the remaining Horcruxes without interruption and in secrecy? Surely Voldemort would be feeling pretty secure now, but I don't think it is warranted.

An intersting idia. And yes, if Snapes powerful enuff to make his own spells, then mabey hes allso powerful enuff to say avada kedavra but actaully use sum sort of stunning curse insted. You mite be onto sumthing here...

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:17 pm

EvilWalks wrote:
I can't imagine the 7th book without Dumbledore

Me neether actaully. Althogh, i gess if Harrys not actaully at Hogwarts...

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:19 pm

MagicMike wrote:
IMO, the 7th book needs to be a massive battle. As in Voldemort decides now that his greatest threat Dumbledore is now dead, he can proceed to invade Hogwarts and claim it as his own to further plumb its secrets. The Order of the Phoenix, Aurors, and (maybe) several Centaur warriors have to hold out against an army of Inferi, domesticated Trolls, Werewolves, Goblins (it's said that they've revolted numerous times in history, and that with them joining Voldemort he grows a lot richer), and Death Eaters. Maybe a Basilisk will be thrown in as a surprise?

Yeh there probably will be sumthin like that.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:23 pm

Bec wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, Luna is definately cool and a lot more Aspie-ish than Hermione.

Yes, I agree. Luna is Very aspie like. Hermione doesn't have an aspie bone in her body. You're kidding yourself if you think she does.

Luna has AS traits, but I think Hermione has AS too. My proof: I have AS. I am not like Luna Lovegood AT ALL. I am EXACTLY like Hermione.

lol

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:27 pm

Moreover wrote:
Mockingbird wrote:
Yupa wrote:
I just came up with an interesting theory. Maybe the Hogwarts founders made their heirlooms into horcruxes long before Voldemort ever bothered to. Which'd mean Voldemort shares some of his Horcruxes with the founders. Is it possible for a horcrux to have fragments of two souls?

Horcruxes are evil, they are made by murdering someone. Possibly Slytherin may have made a horcrux, but none of the other founders were bad, therefore they wouldn't have made a horcrux.

harry has to murder voldemort, but you wouldnt argue that he is evil. i agree though, i cant see the founders making horcruxes.

No. Harry has to kill Voldemort. Killing a wartime enemy isnt classed as murder unless its in cold blood.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 6:42 pm

I was shocked and dismayed that Dumbledore died. As for Snape, i new all along, ever sinse the first book, that he was on Voldemorts side, or else after power for himself. I was however shocked to discover that he was the half-blood prince.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2005, 11:44 pm

I was not shocked about snape or the fact he killed dumbledore.

I would also not be shocked if snape is actually good and the whole murder was a red herring as to the real reason.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2005, 6:24 pm

Assassin wrote:
danlo wrote:
Snape still remains the big mystery, for me. How come Dumbledore was so convinced about Snape? It had to be more than just what Harry found out. As for Snape being the HB-Prince, that was awesome. I don't think, though, that he would have created the psuedonym "Half-Blood Prince" as if it was a badge of pride, if he was really a Death Eater. Is Dumbledore's death a ploy to allow him to find the remaining Horcruxes without interruption and in secrecy? Surely Voldemort would be feeling pretty secure now, but I don't think it is warranted.

An intersting idia. And yes, if Snapes powerful enuff to make his own spells, then mabey hes allso powerful enuff to say avada kedavra but actaully use sum sort of stunning curse insted. You mite be onto sumthing here...

Hate to bust your bubble, but after all that stuff with Fawkes cremating Dumbledore and sealing him in that white tomb, i don't think he'll come back. I would assume that phoenixes would know if someone died, being the masters of life and death themselves (in the books, anyways)

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2005, 12:32 pm

I was very upset when the character Dumbledore died, but it felt oddly liberating. Now I am really curious to see what Rowling will do in the last book.

I am almost hoping they shut down Hogwarts, so that the last book will involve more and different scenery.

Tallgirl.

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2005, 12:37 pm

Quote:
I am not like Luna Lovegood AT ALL. I am EXACTLY like Hermione.

My family and I went to see the Harry Potter movies and they said I was exactly like Hermoine when I was young, even now I am like her. They said I was "bookish," smart, bossy and constantly exasperated at other peoples inability to grasp ideas and make connections in the way I did and still do. I even had the wavy, uncontrollable hair, although now I know how to tame the motherf-ing freakshow that is my hair in its natural state. :lol: Oh, and I am an Aspie.

Tallgirl.

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 10:53 am

Archmage wrote:
Hate to bust your bubble, but after all that stuff with Fawkes cremating Dumbledore and sealing him in that white tomb, i don't think he'll come back. I would assume that phoenixes would know if someone died, being the masters of life and death themselves (in the books, anyways)

You're not busting any bubble, matey. What's to say Fawkes isn't in on the act, hey? What do you say to that?

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2005, 8:06 pm

danlo wrote:
Archmage wrote:

You're not busting any bubble, matey. What's to say Fawkes isn't in on the act, hey? What do you say to that?

One other thing worth mentioning is when Snape or someone (i forgot who) used the Expelliarmis (or however you spell it), which is an disarming spell, and Harry was stunned.

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2005, 8:28 pm

danlo wrote:
Archmage wrote:

Merlin, let's not start this again... :evil:

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

tallgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2005, 11:27 am

Quote:
One other thing worth mentioning is when Snape or someone (i forgot who) used the Expelliarmis (or however you spell it), which is an disarming spell, and Harry was stunned.

I thought Snape used the Expelliramus spell and then Dumbledore used the stunning spell simultaneously. It was confusing in the story and I had re-read it a couple times. That is how I interpreted the situation anyway.

Tallgirl.

ljbouchard
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2005, 4:55 pm

Dumbledore used the stunning spell to stun Harry and Draco Malfoy used the expellaramus (or whatever) spell to disarm Dumbledore.

"Only when all those who surround you are different, do you truly belong."
---------------------------------------------------
Fred Tate Little Man Tate

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 4:09 pm

tallgirl wrote:
Quote:

I thought Snape used the Expelliramus spell and then Dumbledore used the stunning spell simultaneously. It was confusing in the story and I had re-read it a couple times. That is how I interpreted the situation anyway.

Tallgirl.

It was actaully Malfoy - just finished that chapter last nite (the book went missin for ages, and was eventually found under the mounten i keep on my desk :P).