Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 4:13 pm

danlo wrote:
Archmage wrote:
Hate to bust your bubble, but after all that stuff with Fawkes cremating Dumbledore and sealing him in that white tomb, i don't think he'll come back. I would assume that phoenixes would know if someone died, being the masters of life and death themselves (in the books, anyways)

You're not busting any bubble, matey. What's to say Fawkes isn't in on the act, hey? What do you say to that?

Or the stunning spell coud have been in the form of sum sort of invisible barrier around the body that nothin can penetrate, including the body itself, curses, the ground, the force of impact with the ground, fire, and any other combination of words in the english language :p, but weers off after awile, so that dumbledore wakes up beleeved ded so that he can execute the next stage of his master plan in secrecy.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 4:15 pm

Oh, 2 things i dont understand about this book:

1) When Harry and Dumbledore were getting the Horcrux from the cave, why didnt they just use the goblet to spill the potion into the lake?

2) ive forgotten what 2) is :oops: Ill post agen when i remember.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2005, 7:29 pm

Assassin wrote:
1) When Harry and Dumbledore were getting the Horcrux from the cave, why didnt they just use the goblet to spill the potion into the lake?

Apparently there was an enchantment on it that prevented the water from being drained in any way besides drinking.

That part was painfully contrived, if you ask me.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 10:09 am

Ghotistix, did you think that part was painfully contrived? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 3:34 pm

Yeh. And FAR to well ritten...

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 3:44 pm

Assassin wrote:
Oh, 2 things i dont understand about this book:

2) ive forgotten what 2) is :oops: Ill post agen when i remember.

I think i remember what 2) was now:

2) How was the necklace in Borgin and Bukes and the cave at the same time? And if it was a Horcrux, then why did Voldemort let Malfoy risk it by using it as a wepon - that strategys been overused, and theres only so many horcruxes he can spare... And if it had been impounded by the ministry of magic, then why did Harry and Voldemort go to the cave to destroy it? Why did they not go back to the ministry?

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 4:10 pm

The Horcrux was a locket that Slytherin owned and had been in the possesion of Merope (Voldemort's mother), the necklace in B&B's was a different object with no relation to the Horcrux.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2005, 4:18 pm

Mockingbird wrote:
Ghotistix, did you think that part was painfully contrived? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Now that you mention it...

:lol:

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2005, 6:37 pm

Assassin wrote:
danlo wrote:
Archmage wrote:
Hate to bust your bubble, but after all that stuff with Fawkes cremating Dumbledore and sealing him in that white tomb, i don't think he'll come back. I would assume that phoenixes would know if someone died, being the masters of life and death themselves (in the books, anyways)

You're not busting any bubble, matey. What's to say Fawkes isn't in on the act, hey? What do you say to that?

Or the stunning spell coud have been in the form of sum sort of invisible barrier around the body that nothin can penetrate, including the body itself, curses, the ground, the force of impact with the ground, fire, and any other combination of words in the english language :p, but weers off after awile, so that dumbledore wakes up beleeved ded so that he can execute the next stage of his master plan in secrecy.

Yes, but once again, nothing can block Avada Kedava. And plus, if Dumbledore did not die, Snape would have, because of the Unbreakable Vow he made with Narcissa. REMEMBER?!

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 3:04 pm

Mabey theres sum sort of loophole...

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 3:26 pm

I'm pretty sure Dumbledore is dead and that Snape killed him. But! I think there is definitely something more to Dumbledore's death that we don't know about, it just seemed too easy, and why did Dumbledore's body fall off of the tower, he should've just collapsed in place.

Last edited by Tim_p on 08 Aug 2005, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 3:30 pm

Yeh i found that kinda fishy.

Also, i finished the book today! Yay! :P

EvilWalks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2005, 5:17 pm

The last book has to end with Harry living and Voldemort dying. How could a great series just end by Harry not surviving the fight. And do I think that Dumbledore might have at least something to do with the last book.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2005, 5:21 pm

He coud kill Voldemort, but it coud cost him his life...