Ukraine behind attack on Nordstream gas pipline

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

15 Nov 2023, 9:45 pm

A Ukrainian special forces commander played a key role in sabotaging the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September last year, according to an investigation by two international newspapers.
A joint investigation by The Washington Post newspaper and German outlet Der Spiegel, published on Saturday, singled out Roman Chervinsky, a 48-year-old who served in Ukraine’s Special Operations Forces.
The officer’s alleged role provides the most direct evidence to date tying Ukraine’s military and security leadership to the sabotage that spawned multiple criminal investigations.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/ ... eports-say

The blasts ruptured three of the four pipelines that make up Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, spewing gas into the Baltic Sea, near Bornholm, Denmark. The Nord Stream attack hit civilian infrastructure built to provide energy to millions of people in Europe.

Wait! I thought the US and NATO were allies of Ukraine?? This is how Ukraine thanks us all :roll:



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,803
Location: temperate zone

15 Nov 2023, 9:50 pm

cyberdad wrote:
A Ukrainian special forces commander played a key role in sabotaging the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September last year, according to an investigation by two international newspapers.
A joint investigation by The Washington Post newspaper and German outlet Der Spiegel, published on Saturday, singled out Roman Chervinsky, a 48-year-old who served in Ukraine’s Special Operations Forces.
The officer’s alleged role provides the most direct evidence to date tying Ukraine’s military and security leadership to the sabotage that spawned multiple criminal investigations.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/ ... eports-say

The blasts ruptured three of the four pipelines that make up Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, spewing gas into the Baltic Sea, near Bornholm, Denmark. The Nord Stream attack hit civilian infrastructure built to provide energy to millions of people in Europe.

Wait! I thought the US and NATO were allies of Ukraine?? This is how Ukraine thanks us all :roll:


Hurts Russia more than us. In fact the USA was the prime suspect.

But dont worry...your idol Putin may win the war yet! :D



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

15 Nov 2023, 10:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Hurts Russia more than us. In fact the USA was the prime suspect.

But dont worry...your idol Putin may win the war yet! :D


On 27 September 2022, European gas prices jumped 12 percent after news spread of the damaged pipelines,
Two days after the attack Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg of NATO said the leaks were acts of sabotage and that he had discussed the protection of critical infrastructure within NATO with the Defence Minister of Denmark Morten Bødskov
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Nord ... e_sabotage
Looks like the only people hurt were the EU



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,803
Location: temperate zone

15 Nov 2023, 10:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Hurts Russia more than us. In fact the USA was the prime suspect.

But dont worry...your idol Putin may win the war yet! :D


On 27 September 2022, European gas prices jumped 12 percent after news spread of the damaged pipelines,
Two days after the attack Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg of NATO said the leaks were acts of sabotage and that he had discussed the protection of critical infrastructure within NATO with the Defence Minister of Denmark Morten Bødskov
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Nord ... e_sabotage
Looks like the only people hurt were the EU

Exactly. Europe couldnt get Russian gas, and Russia couldnt get Euros from selling their gas which crippled their already weak economy. Gas is virtually the only thing Russia exports. Its only income stream.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 56
Gender: Male
Posts: 33,776

15 Nov 2023, 10:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Exactly. Europe couldnt get Russian gas, and Russia couldnt get Euros from selling their gas which crippled their already weak economy.


This is why it was always bad idea to get into bed with a rogue state like Ukraine. The EU/NATO were pumping money to the Ukraine defence forces and meanwhile the same beneficiary of their aid was sabotaging infrastructure supplying gas to their donors.