Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 5:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Elon Musks goals and achievements are admirable but his philosophy and beliefs aren't exactly orthodox.
Musk endorsing an antisemitic tweet is kind of a Kanye move. People don't expect him to move in that direction (especially since he is Jewish South African himself) but he probably wants to illustrate that X should be open to free speech,

Elon Musk is not Jewish. He is of German and Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry. Even if he was that does not mean he can't be antisemitic. Plenty of people believed he was antisemitic before this tweet.

"Pennsylvania Dutch" ARE German (not actually Dutch).

A White guy from South Africa would likely be either Dutch or British in ancestry.

I just looked him on Wiki. Turns out he is British (from his South African dad) and German (by way of his Canadian mom). But Wiki makes no mention of any Jewish heritage. So you're probably right about him not being at all Jewish.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2023, 4:26 pm

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2023, 5:00 pm

I f*****g hate Elon Musk. He's a stuck-up, selfish, racist jerk who just can't keep his mouth shut. He also really ruined Twitter when he took it over (although to be fair, it was bad to begin with). He fired Twitter employees who were there from the very beginning. He's also very racist to his employees of color (not surprising since he's a child of apartheid), and he also sexually harassed female employees. His products aren't even that great - I heard a story about a guy with a Tesla whose steering wheel broke off when he was driving it. I'm just glad that he can't be president of the United States since he wasn't born here. I don't get why people look up to him. He's a walking piece of garbage.

Elon Musk's family isn't Jewish. Ironically, I thought they were because I though Musk was an Ashkenazi (Central/Eastern European Jewish) surname. Turns out it isn't, and the Musk family originally came from England. If anything, the Musk family's ancestors were probably Anglican or something. He's an atheist anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2023, 6:09 pm

NibiruMul wrote:
Elon Musk's family isn't Jewish. Ironically, I thought they were because I though Musk was an Ashkenazi (Central/Eastern European Jewish) surname. Turns out it isn't, and the Musk family originally came from England. If anything, the Musk family's ancestors were probably Anglican or something. He's an atheist anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Good catch. I also suspected one of his ancestors anglicised his Jewish name. Interestingly "Elon" is a very Hebrew name for oak tree.

A quick google will reveal that Elon's white South African born father Errol says on his personal Facebook page that they had a Jewish cantor on his side of the family. This means (according to his father) that their paternal bloodline is Jewish.