Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 8:00 pm

Only a month to go before the first season comes out! Anyone else looking forward to it? If you are, then you've come to the right thread.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 6:58 pm

Some thoughts

- I've seen some controversy regarding casting. Personally, I don't think Annabeth being black and Percy having blond hair and blue eyes is going to make any real difference to the plot. As long as the actors capture the personality of the characters it won't matter.

I'm glad to see age appropriate casting. When the films made them 16 / 17, this significantly changed the plotline. Most half-bloods die young. The ones who do make it to adulthood leave camp half-blood and try to make it on their own. If the books had started at 16, then the time spent at camp would have been much shorter. Starting at 12 allows the characters to gradually develop into their roles.

Of course, currently we only have one season due to release. I doubt we'll ever get to the other books, but man it'd be neat if we did!

- The special effects have really improved compared to previous trailers!

- I saw Walker in the film 'The Adam Project' and thought 'Yup, that's Percy alright'. I think he'll do well in his role as Percy Jackson.

I hope I finish reading The Chalice of The Gods before the TV show comes out.

I think having it in a TV show format will allow the story to unfold at a more natural pace.