Autistic boyfriend cheated accidentally

Page 5 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Nov 2023, 5:16 am

:P His problem isn't solved. BUT I fiured I'd make it easier for him. I think he thought he thought he was ready for one and thats ok if he's not. Being his friend instead of his love interest might just make him feel more at ease.

Its not that it feels too much for me because its not. I'm just impatient type of person at a certain point if communication isn't attempted. I've had to learn a lot of patience with him and not to take it personally. Its not like it hurts me to wait or not. There isn't anyone in my life I'm interested or have been interested in over a year, just him.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 12:37 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
rse92 wrote:
There are men on here advising her that she needs to watch out for this guy.

Whether posters are men or not, they may not all appreciate issues related to consent. Reread my previous comments in context. I’m just saying that we don’t know all the facts, like how much alcohol was involved and if true consent was present.
Quote:
I would think you of all people would appreciate that.
What do you mean?

Nothing sinister, for Christ’s sakes. You have described your abuse by men on this forum. We are just telling OP to not just take his story on faith; he could be manipulating her.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 12:39 pm

rse92 wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
rse92 wrote:
There are men on here advising her that she needs to watch out for this guy.

Whether posters are men or not, they may not all appreciate issues related to consent. Reread my previous comments in context. I’m just saying that we don’t know all the facts, like how much alcohol was involved and if true consent was present.
Quote:
I would think you of all people would appreciate that.
What do you mean?

Nothing sinister, for Christ’s sakes. You have described your abuse by men on this forum. We are just telling OP to not just take his story on faith; he could be manipulating her.

Please don’t bring up my trauma history to make a point again. It’s not cool.

I never said that he couldn’t be manipulating her. I said that we don’t have all the facts.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 1:47 pm

I won’t.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 9:15 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
:P His problem isn't solved. BUT I fiured I'd make it easier for him. I think he thought he thought he was ready for one and thats ok if he's not. Being his friend instead of his love interest might just make him feel more at ease.

Sorry my post was deleted. All the best for you and your partner in the future

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 10:57 am

I will agree there is no such thing as accidental cheating. If you were too drunk to consent and someone decided to take advantage of you and have it with you, you were raped, you did not cheat.

If you met a lady at work and you thought you both were just friends but you never noticed she was hitting on you and you thought she was asking you out for coffee as friends than a date, you did not cheat for going out with her as friends because you misread the situation and her cues. An understanding partner would know this and not get mad at you for "accidental cheating."

And it's not just Dr. Phil saying drunk people cannot consent, other doctors say this too. That is where the "rape accusations" come from by women. But however, it's very difficult to charge the man with rape if you had something to drink and chose to drink because it's hard to prove in court you didn't consent and were not all there to make that choice.

https://jaapl.org/content/early/2022/12 ... .220032-21

Only way to see it as rape by court of law in many states is:

Quote:
In many United States jurisdictions, intoxicated victims may be considered mentally incapacitated only if they have been administered alcohol or other substances involuntarily.

So that means if the person didn't choose to have a lot to drink because someone decided to spike their drink or something, then you are taken more seriously as the victim.

Can drunk sex ever be consensual:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-drunk- ... originals/

https://titleixlawfirm.com/how-does-int ... lt-claims/

Quote:
To be sure, unconscious people can’t consent to sex. Nor can people who are so intoxicated that they can’t understand what they’re doing. But being so drunk that your judgment is impaired isn’t the same thing as being so drunk that you don’t know what you’re doing. People—even married couples!—have been having drunk, enjoyable sex since the beginning of time. Drunk people have also been making bad decisions—but conscious decisions nonetheless—since the beginning of time. These distinctions are often lost on college campuses, however. We’ve seen a number of cases where an accuser who’s been drinking—but is far from falling-down drunk—has initiated sexual activity, only to have the person who responded to those entreaties later be charged with sexual assault.

Drunk people who make the first move and then the person who accepts it and goes along with it has been the one to be charged with assault. But I notice it's only the men that are charged, never the woman if the man makes the first move and she goes along with it. Double standards.

I have heard of one case where a man and woman were having sex, man decides to pull consent and tells her to stop but she doesn't listen. She just holds him down and se weight more than him because he was this skinny man and she was stronger and had more weight on her so he couldn't push her off. Plus they were in a tight space in the back of the car where they were doing it, she got pregnant, had the child and he had to pay child support. Everyone thought this man was claiming rape to get out of child support and didn't believe him. The woman did not believe she raped him but believes he thinks she did so it upsets her. I have heard of other f****d up cases where a boy is sexually assaulted by female teen and she gets pregnant and now the kid has to pay back child support in back payments despite being under the age then. They call it sexual assault due to age difference so if a 16 year old has sex with a 13 year old, sexual assault. If the 13 year old was producing sperm and the girl got pregnant, the boy is forced to pay child support. The law doesn't care about age of consent if there is a baby involved. Doesn't matter if the kid was 15 and the woman was 22 and got pregnant. And the fact people think boys are lucky when they are victims of rape or sexual assault rather it was the teacher that groomed them or some other woman they met like their neighbor or their tutor or just someone at a house party and there were college girls.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 11:01 am

Even if someone was raped for being too drunk, if the partner breaks up with them over it, maybe it wasn't about rape but all about judgement. Like they used bad judgement to drink a lot and then blacked out or had no awareness or wasn't all there to consent and make rational decisions. But then again, the man is villainized if he dumps his female partner over this and is accused of victim blaming but swap the genders, the woman is praised for dumping the man despite that he was also raped.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 11:11 am

I can't imagine dumping someone for "bad judgment" if they had drunk too much to consent, but yeah, double standards certainly exist. With that being said, victim-blaming often works both ways. Women aren't always believed or taken seriously, either. ("She shouldn't have been drinking." "What was she wearing?" etc) I experienced that myself when I was younger and didn't know how to advocate for myself, not that it would've necessarily made a difference.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2023, 1:15 pm

I haven't dumped him for this mistake. The second i was told i was in shock because its not something he would do ever in his right mind and sober. I was worried she'd try something but i didn't think she'd go that far, to from my perspective trick (best word i can come up with) him into doing something he'd never do. I forgave him the second I was told because I could hear the devastation and shame of what he did.

I also feel that men aren't given enough talk about consent as well. That many think they can't be taken advantage of just because they're male and its wrong. Its why I'm concerned about him.

It's not up to me at this point, but his decision if he can accept my forgiveness and try for us to move past it. He's still emotionally reeling from this whole thing and all i can do is wait for him to find his balance again. My point was to offer him to go back to friends to hopefully lessen his feeling of loss. I care about him a great deal and sometimes I think that's what's making it worse because he expected me to hate him or something. He's had such bad luck with other women i can understand why, but it also makes me feel terrible he expected me to reem him out when I've never done that to him for anything.

I brought up to show compassion and understanding even when hurt directly. We never know why someone does what they do but at the end of the day its our choice how to carry the hurt. Either we let it fester in our soul or learn from it and move forward because no one is perfect.

Last edited by foxylildvl on 24 Nov 2023, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 1:16 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I will agree there is no such thing as accidental cheating. If you were too drunk to consent and someone decided to take advantage of you and have it with you, you were raped, you did not cheat.

If you met a lady at work and you thought you both were just friends but you never noticed she was hitting on you and you thought she was asking you out for coffee as friends than a date, you did not cheat for going out with her as friends because you misread the situation and her cues. An understanding partner would know this and not get mad at you for "accidental cheating."

And it's not just Dr. Phil saying drunk people cannot consent, other doctors say this too. That is where the "rape accusations" come from by women. But however, it's very difficult to charge the man with rape if you had something to drink and chose to drink because it's hard to prove in court you didn't consent and were not all there to make that choice.

https://jaapl.org/content/early/2022/12 ... .220032-21

Only way to see it as rape by court of law in many states is:

Quote:
In many United States jurisdictions, intoxicated victims may be considered mentally incapacitated only if they have been administered alcohol or other substances involuntarily.

So that means if the person didn't choose to have a lot to drink because someone decided to spike their drink or something, then you are taken more seriously as the victim.

Can drunk sex ever be consensual:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-drunk- ... originals/

https://titleixlawfirm.com/how-does-int ... lt-claims/

Quote:
To be sure, unconscious people can’t consent to sex. Nor can people who are so intoxicated that they can’t understand what they’re doing. But being so drunk that your judgment is impaired isn’t the same thing as being so drunk that you don’t know what you’re doing. People—even married couples!—have been having drunk, enjoyable sex since the beginning of time. Drunk people have also been making bad decisions—but conscious decisions nonetheless—since the beginning of time. These distinctions are often lost on college campuses, however. We’ve seen a number of cases where an accuser who’s been drinking—but is far from falling-down drunk—has initiated sexual activity, only to have the person who responded to those entreaties later be charged with sexual assault.

Drunk people who make the first move and then the person who accepts it and goes along with it has been the one to be charged with assault. But I notice it's only the men that are charged, never the woman if the man makes the first move and she goes along with it. Double standards.

I have heard of one case where a man and woman were having sex, man decides to pull consent and tells her to stop but she doesn't listen. She just holds him down and se weight more than him because he was this skinny man and she was stronger and had more weight on her so he couldn't push her off. Plus they were in a tight space in the back of the car where they were doing it, she got pregnant, had the child and he had to pay child support. Everyone thought this man was claiming rape to get out of child support and didn't believe him. The woman did not believe she raped him but believes he thinks she did so it upsets her. I have heard of other f****d up cases where a boy is sexually assaulted by female teen and she gets pregnant and now the kid has to pay back child support in back payments despite being under the age then. They call it sexual assault due to age difference so if a 16 year old has sex with a 13 year old, sexual assault. If the 13 year old was producing sperm and the girl got pregnant, the boy is forced to pay child support. The law doesn't care about age of consent if there is a baby involved. Doesn't matter if the kid was 15 and the woman was 22 and got pregnant. And the fact people think boys are lucky when they are victims of rape or sexual assault rather it was the teacher that groomed them or some other woman they met like their neighbor or their tutor or just someone at a house party and there were college girls.

You make some interesting points in your post.

It is my understanding that male rape victims are marginalized, often. Whether they are victims of a female or a male rapist - in either case.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 1:28 pm

ALL rape victims are marginalized.

Apart from the rape itself, people often don’t believe victims of any gender.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Nov 2023, 2:11 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
ALL rape victims are marginalized.

Apart from the rape itself, people often don’t believe victims of any gender.
I completely agree. These days there's soo much victim blaming & lying going on that it gets hard to tell what really happened & who's the real victim.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 5:41 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
I forgave him the second I was told because I could hear the devastation and shame of what he did.

I also feel that men aren't given enough talk about consent as well. That many think they can't be taken advantage of just because they're male and its wrong. Its why I'm concerned about him.

My point was to offer him to go back to friends to hopefully lessen his feeling of loss.

I am wondering, if you strongly feel he did not give consent, and you also forgave him, then why are changing the nature of the relationship with your B/F to be platonic?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 5:51 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
Either way everything is fine as it can be now. I am pretty sure we'll end up going back to friends as i don't think he'll be able to handle anything more than that which is fine.
foxylildvl wrote:
I haven't dumped him for this mistake.
foxylildvl wrote:
His problem isn't solved. BUT I fiured I'd make it easier for him. I think he thought he thought he was ready for one and thats ok if he's not. Being his friend instead of his love interest might just make him feel more at ease.

Its not that it feels too much for me because its not. I'm just impatient type of person at a certain point if communication isn't attempted. I've had to learn a lot of patience with him and not to take it personally. Its not like it hurts me to wait or not. There isn't anyone in my life I'm interested or have been interested in over a year, just him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 8:29 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
I think he thought he thought he was ready for one and thats ok if he's not. Being his friend instead of his love interest might just make him feel more at ease.

How does he feel about your proposal? Does this mean you are encouraging him to find another G/F?

Carbonhalo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Nov 2023, 8:31 pm

There was a while I would have reacted just like he did.
With age my perspective has changed... Now I would let my partner decide if I had transgressed an unwritten rule. On the other foot...if my partner told me they had strayed like that I would just be glad they came back to me.
The only reason I'd be upset was if they hid it from me....
(Or if I was actually there and wasn't invited to join in)