Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 11:53 pm

Before year 2014, on Kaiser insurance.

2014, went on Medi-Cal instead of Kaiser.

October 2020, got the current dumpster fire "job" that I still work at.

Medi-Cal has a policy that when recipients get a change in income they are supposed to report it in ten days but I failed to do that because all the other jobs had the nerve to make my worthless corpse redundant.

January 2022, the pharmacy told me that there was a problem with the insurance so I could not get the prescription. So I (wrongfully) thought that it was because year 2021, exceeded the income limit for Medi-Cal and it was sending me a bill and cancelling my insurance. Then I reported the change in income, by phone. The call center said that because of COVID, the insurance was not cancelling anyone's insurance, just because they exceeded the income threshold.

December 2022, Medi-Cal wrote me a letter in the snail mail and told me to fill out a seven page form and mail it back by the deadline and attach pay stubs. Followed directions. Also kept a photocopy for my records

Last week, Medi-Cal snail mailed me a letter that said that my insurance is continuing for one more year because my income was zero. (but I reported the change in income twice already). It said that I had to report any income change by phone, in person or online.

I hate phone calls, especially to the government but I was afraid they might cancel my insurance if I didn't.

So gathered financial documents, medical cards, a pen and paper and book. Lied down in front of the heater and bathroom. They put me on hold for 90 minutes. The conversation took 30 minutes. She said that my previous income disclosure was already listed on my account, even though the form said that my income was zero. Then I told her my last years income. She told me that I was still eligible for Medi-Cal. Then I asked her to divide my last years income by twelve. Then she said that the computer said that I was no longer eligible for Medi-Cal as of December 2023. She said that the screen was supposed to have a letter to me about that, but maybe the letter was not appearing because it is not close enough to the end of the month. So I said that today is the twentieth of the month and that's just ten days away from the end of the month and the snail mail takes a long time.

She then told me to go to the website and purchase insurance.

Went to the library and opened and account with the insurance. Security questions, username and password.

Now I have to waste $$$ on insurance even though I only earned $29,000 last year.

$29000 is not nearly enough for room and board and utilities. And I don't even live in an expensive location. No car, no children, nothing like that.

(Annoying how the insurance got my income wrong, even though I disclosed twice)

Chaotic

Wreak havoc

Paranoid that someone working for the insurance will make another mistake and cause me to lose insurance

Hate how precious lil "people" get away with so many different things. And my worthless corpse has often gotten punishment for things that I did not even do. For example when I was 21, a former housemate had the nerve to tell the landlord that I ate his curry but that was not correct. It was a "month to month " and the landlord only had to give me 30 days notice to move out.

Outnumbered overpowered outsmarted as usual s**t

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 12:05 am

amuuurica will never learn.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 1:07 am

aw, somewhat the same here,
appointment for today to get this hopefully sorted
...i don't believe it, it was payed for but somehow someone messed up,
and all you get is dead ends :roll:

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2023, 5:02 am

traven wrote:
aw, somewhat the same here,
appointment for today to get this hopefully sorted
...i don't believe it, it was payed for but somehow someone messed up,
and all you get is dead ends :roll:

-----------

When I make a mistake I get a punishment

When the insurance or someone else makes a mistake (writing that my income was zero even though that is no longer correct), I got a punishment (that I had to phone the insurance).

And now I am afraid that someone from the insurance will make a different mistake and as a result I will not have insurance