Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:01 pm

I'm already familiar with the term "brain drain," as it's been used in Canada to describe losing Canadian Doctors and professionals to the much higher paying USA.. but now it's happening big time between states because educated professionals do not want to live & work in states with deplorable laws and living conditions imposed by maga trumpets:

https://fb.watch/oydrI26F5P/

Imagine being so stupid you vote for politicians and laws that result in Medical Doctors fleeing your state and leaving you without access to decent healthcare. Wild.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:10 pm

Pssh, who needs educated, woke intellectuals?! My cousin will get that appendix out right good.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:13 pm

That describes my entire country right now. We've got businesses fleeing to the Netherlands and medical staff fleeing to Australia. I myself have friends who escaped to jobs in Spain rather than stick around here. Unemployment is up at the same time we've got thousands of unfilled jobs in every sector. Combination of economic freefall and a Fascist/Thatcherite government that is still finding new ways to destroy people's lives even as their poll ratings are plummeting. People who have the skills for crucial jobs that are poorly rewarded here are using them as a passport out of this hellscape.

Last edited by PhosphorusDecree on 25 Nov 2023, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pssh, who needs educated, woke intellectuals?! My cousin will get that appendix out right good.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

The most disturbing horror story I ever read wasn't some slasher or Lovecraftian skin-crawler. It was about some ordinary joe in India who decided this surgery lark couldn't be that hard to do really, and it described the consequences in gruesome detail.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:17 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
That describes my entire country right now. We've got businesses fleeing to the Netherlands and medical staff fleeing to Australia. I myself have friends who escaped to jobs in Spain rather than stick around here. Unemployment is up at the same time we've got thousands of unfilled jobs in every sector. Combination of economic freefall and a Fascist/Thatcherite government that is still finding new ways to destroy people's lives even as their poll ratings are plummeting. People who have the skills for crucial jobs that are poorly rewarded here are using them as a passport out of this hellscape.

We've got our own set of problems here in Canada. Doctors get paid well, but not nearly as much as in the USA.. and even though they have high incomes, they cannot afford to buy a home near the hospitals they work at in Vancouver because prices are multi-Millions to Tens of Millions of dollars for a house soooo I'm sure some are saying F this, I'm outta here, like so many other working class people. Hospitals are short staffed for Nurses big time.. but have difficulty attracting applicants because they don't want a 1-2 hour commute each way and can't afford to live nearby unless they're single and interested in living the roommate lifestyle with minimal possessions. Housing costs are screwing up all kinds of things at every level of the economy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Dr. Nick left town, but we've got someone almost as good:

Check it out, I gots me a patient.