Page 1 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 8:05 am

One of our ghost members, Huck Finn from Italy informed me yesterday of a new pandemic forming in China. This pandemic is centered around small children.

So I will look at this subject and investigate:

How deadly or destructive is this new plague?

Did this plague originate in a biomedical research lab in China? Is it a man made plague?

What permanent damage does this plague produce to our children?

Will the methods used to provide protection to me and my family during COVID work against this new threat?
This protection consist of the following three elements:
1. Utilizing highly protective masks (like N95s) when exposed within 50 feet of infected children. (Research showed that COVID was transmitted indoors to 50 feet.) This threat is primarily an indoor threat. But some outdoor areas such as school buses can become a breeding ground. [N95 masks were designed for adults and not small children. Has any progress been made on developing this type of highly effective masks for your little ones?]
2. Utilizing purified air in indoor settings. This can be done by cleaning the air using UVC radiation to kill the virus. This technology has been around for several decades. I also expect that high quality HEPA filters may also provide protection.
3. Maintaining indoor air humidity levels between 40 and 60 percent. The risk of infection is highly magnified as the humidity levels near 0-10% or when they near 90 to 100% range.

So winter weather is about to drive indoor humidity levels to their lows in the coming months in Northern regions of the North Hemisphere. So are we and the rest of the world about to be pounded by a new plague?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:00 am

So what is happening at Ground Zero?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:06 am

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:15 am

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 9:43 am

A surge in respiratory illnesses in China, particularly among children, has reportedly swamped paediatric units in city hospitals, while authorities have urged calm, attributing it to a post-lockdown wave of illness.

Many hospital wards are full, according to state and other media reports in China. The Global Times reported on Tuesday that the Beijing Children’s hospital was receiving up to 9,378 patients a day and had been at full capacity during the past two months. It also said outpatient clinics, paediatric clinics, and respiratory departments at several Beijing hospitals were booked out for at least seven days.

Photos and videos online and on state media showed crowded waiting rooms with beds lining hallways in a Hebei hospital. One report quoted parents in Jinan saying that half the students in their child’s class were sick. Footage of students doing homework while in hospital reportedly prompted warnings from local officials that schools should not make children catch up on work while they are ill. In Hangzhou one parent told media that classes had been suspended because so many children were away.

Last week the World Health Organization said it was monitoring an increase in “undiagnosed pneumonia in children’s hospitals in Beijing, Liaoning and other places in China”.

They said the rise in cases was not being driven by any new pathogens, but instead by the spread of bacteria such as mycoplasma pneumoniae and common pathogens including influenza, rhinovirus, adenovirus and RSV.

Source: Child respiratory sickness overloads China’s paediatric clinics

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 12:19 pm

What did they leak this time? :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 1:39 pm

heard about it on the news.

Its an out break of upper respiratory illnesses among northern Chinese...mostly school kids.

But the weird thing is is that not any one particular illness. Everything is busting out all over...pnemonia, flu, cold, covid.

Sounds like the early stages of the AIDS epidemic. Gay men were getting weird diseases, but different weird diseases. Turned out later that it was the result of one disease underming the immune system.

So maybe its a new immune deficiency virus that spread through the air that effects little kids...that invites in the other illnesses.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 2:09 pm

I wonder if this is like the similar outbreaks of these in the west among small kids, because they weren't exposed to them during peak covid.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 2:24 pm

Its is the beginning of the new flu season. It makes sense that there is a spike in upper respiratory illness. Couple that with the fact that covid exposure can lead to long-term lung issues, and it compounds an alread serious problem. I doubt its a new plague at all. Its seems more likely that an already existing problem is becoming more serious. When you also factor in antibiotic resistance issues, well it makes sense that an alrady bad situation is becoming worse with time.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 4:03 pm

Is the news just going act like every break out of illness is a new pandemic?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 8:38 am

When COVID first began, everyone watched events unfold first in China and then in cruise ships trying to come back into port. It was not in their cities or homes. Life was usual. Everyone watched things unfold on the news. But then COVID began to happen in our countries and cities. And then everyone went crazy. They tore apart the framework of society, such as going to work, school, shopping etc. So is this a replay of events?

Probably the key question is how much does this pandemic affect our children. Do they recover without any long term weakness. Or does this disable them for life.

So I will keep looking on this subject for awhile and report what I observe. So not a reason of panic but rather one of concern.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 8:45 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Its an out break of upper respiratory illnesses among northern Chinese...mostly school kids.
But the weird thing is that not any one particular illness. Everything is busting out all over...pneumonia, flu, cold, covid.
Sounds like the early stages of the AIDS epidemic. Gay men were getting weird diseases, but different weird diseases. Turned out later that it was the result of one disease undermine the immune system.

That is an interesting observation.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 9:19 am

Still too many unanswered questions to determine if we are seeing the beginning of something like a repeat of COVID. The biggest ones are do people have resistance to the disease or diseases and how severe are the disease(s)? Half the class being out could be a calamity or it could be the Hong Kong flu pandemic where a lot of people felt really bad for a week or two and the most vulnerable died. COVID was unique in that most if not all people had no resistance and all scientists had to work with were assumptions based on past diseases.

As I said before even if it is another COVID the world is not going to shut down for it because of what the lockdowns did to children.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 9:53 am

I scanned the Internet to see if I could learn anything else about this new pandemic in CHINA. I came across an interesting article from Russia or at least someone who may have resided in Russia. He provided a view of world affairs from a Russian perspective. At the end of his news report, around 30 minutes in, he talks about the surge of infections among children. His young son experienced this disease and it hit him very hard. The sickness lasted over a week. It is sweeping into Russia and effecting many children in that country. But it is not being reported by their media.

One of the main questions that needs to be answered is "Does this new pandemic produce any long term damage to children"?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 10:02 am

*sits up straight and pays attention because jimmy knows where it's at*

I only learned about Covid through Jimmy, and took his input very seriously.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 10:41 am

In another article, the author describes his perspective that we may be dealing with "A Multiple Antibiotic Resistant" infection. This essentially means that treating the condition using known medicine may be near impossible because normal antibiotic treatment will not work.