Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2023, 12:52 pm

How awkward is it for you when you randomly see former friends that you had a falling out with? Last week Amy saw me at the store, which she has done plenty of times and she said hi and I waved.

Around 2012, Amy and I had a falling out. Sometimes I feel like it was all my fault because I never told her what she did that I didn't like, but I still held it against her. On the other hand, I also find it hard to imagine that she would have changed her ways if I were to have told her. Besides I felt like she was talking down to me and intimidating and too confident, but that is completely subjective and I can't "prove" it. Besides, even if I could prove it, then what?

On the other hand, regardless of the falling out, she didn't have enough to contribute positively, to justify her character flaws.

She kept cancelling plans on me with two hours notice. Or she just stood me up. She didn't listen to what I said. She said "what" instead of "excuse me " and she kept interrupting what I was trying to say to ask what i was going to say. She had the nerve to tell me that she would tell me when I did something she didn't like and she expected me to change to her satisfaction immediately permanently and cheerfully. When I asked her what if she did something I didn't like she said tell her and she would "try" to stop doing it. As though there were some barrier.

She also talked too much and she was judgmental but so many precious lil "people" act like that, so whatever

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2024, 2:13 pm

I just go along to get along in these situations if they say hi. You don't have to do more than waive and beyond that a hello and a moment or two of small talk will get them off your back.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 5:36 pm

Passionate bach

"Go along to get along" sounds like "pick your battles"

Sometimes I feel like I should pick *more* battles and not fewer. Frequently I concede to doing things I don't want to do, just so some annoying lil dipshits will stop bothering me

"Pick your battles" is good advice, but almost everyone I have ever interacted with, *picks "all" the battles*. Especially coworkers