Communication usually not worth the energy

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2023, 8:16 am

It seems to me that the vast majority of the time I try to say the slightest thing, someone either doesn't:

Hear
Care
Understand
Believe or
Remember

What I said.

Usually it is not worth the cost benefit analysis to attempt to communicate

Also it gets on my nerves how precious lil "people" act like every thought and emotion that goes through their heads, is the latest greatest scientific invention. Then when noise pollution comes out of my beak, precious people "people" half listen and grunt "huh" and "what" like they are the etiquette equivalent of "excuse me "

Usually I am not comfortable asking them to say "excuse me" instead of "what" and "huh" because I am afraid that they will purposely say "what" more, just to provoke me. Or they will laugh at me. Cory, Anthony and Dena had the nerve to refuse to say "excuse me ". They have freedom of speech, but "actions speak louder than words". I don't think my request was extreme or unreasonable. Besides , none of them earn minimum wage (while I do), so I think they are sophisticated enough to do what I asked.

Gave up on "friends" a long time ago. When I only have one "friend", it's like, *monopolistic competition*. But they have plenty of friends. When precious lil "people" have the nerve to refuse to do that, I feel like they don't "care" about me. And there is no limit to the number of things that they are not willing to do for me

Been obsessed with this since 15. 40 right now.

Been working at home Depot for three years and counting. Way too many ghettoass lil simpletons. Some of them act like wild animals. Only about five total times, has someone bothered saying "excuse me" instead of "what". But home Depot types are usually uneducated and earn minimum wage. They are just being "true to themselves" and they have their "rights" and "freedom" and I don't have the nerve to micromanage them because I am afraid that they might take out revenge on me. Outnumbered overpowered outsmarted. Constantly struggling.

Especially at home Depot, you don't know which lil dipshit has:

Felony convictions
Psychiatric diagnoses
Short temper
Sex with the boss
Gang memberships
Drug addiction
Weapons

"With friends like that, who needs enemies?"

"Thin line between love and hate"

Usually precious lil "people" talk way too much and too loudly. Sometimes they give me a headache.

Those lil dipshits appear to care ab a lot of precious lil "people", but everyone they care about is just like themselves, and they care about them vice versa. Two way street. They are no better than a bunch of wild animals. They don't think profound thoughts.

Coworkers just so annoying

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2023, 8:35 am

We're in the middle of a Darwinian gene pageant pretending its a liberal democracy.

Accordingly logic and reason go out the window for genetic competition and individual maximization, and that interpersonal competition is too intense for anyone to care what's true because the terms of the contest reject any truth beyond who's greater or lesser based on things they had/have no control over.

I've increasingly come to the conclusion that life isn't something to be enjoyed, it's something to be endured, and even if you do your absolute best to keep yourself together there's no assurance that things won't happen in your life that would snap you (or anyone else for that matter) in half. Anyone can be broken, it's just a matter of whether life and / or nature hits their breaking thresholds.

We live in a system that treats minds badly enough that it would be far better if all of this was happening without dragging consciousness along for the ride.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin