Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm

Very useful website! Wish I had known about it sooner. This helps me greatly in my life, I'm very happy to have found this place.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 10:24 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it to be useful.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 10:25 pm

ROC or PRC?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 10:27 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome to WP! I hope you find it to be useful.

thanks

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 10:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:04 pm

Ahoy-hoy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:09 pm

Welcome to the forum! :alien:

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:28 pm

I am already 20 years old and currently attending university. I used to think that communicating with my peers had always been pleasant. However, when I look back on the past, I discovered my social skills were so lacking - unable to grasp subtle meanings between lines, nor comprehend humorous behaviors.
As your stereotypes suggest, in PRC, if one is confirmed to have ASB or be autistic, it is not a fun thing, which is also why I have hesitated to undergo formal testing. I did see a few psychologists before, but was unable to obtain the information I needed.
About a year ago, I discovered this website, mistakenly believing it was just "a lifeless body". Today I accidentally discovered such an active group of users, which delighted me beyond expectation. I hope I can participate more in website discussions to understand how to gracefully take part in social life.
I enjoy discussing politics, especially those related to ideologies. In fact, from a certain perspective, I'm closer to the anarchists you refer to. If it's allowed on this website, I would like to discuss some political topics you'd be interested in chatting about.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:36 pm

Welcome aboard.

Glad to have you.

We need more folks from the Far East.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:42 pm

belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

Which part? I used to live there, mostly along the center from Guangdong to gansu provinces.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 1:04 am

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

Which part? I used to live there, mostly along the center from Guangdong to gansu provinces.

ShanXi,middle provinces。
Guangdong to gansu?really vague,that's almost both ends

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 6:06 am

welcome, hope you find what you need!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 6:25 am

Hello. Welcome! It will e good to explore different political concepts and ideas. My youngest brother is married to a South Korean lady and though her country has had democracy for a long time, we do find difficulties between the way we live anddo things and the way she does. We love her anyway and she loves all of us. The difficulties are that she has very communistic ways so she sees things I have gone out of my way and saved and saved to buy in the past so I can use them, as being not owned byanyone so she will give our things away to others who she thinks needs them without telling us or asking us. She has no personal attachment to things, while we have lots of personal attachment to the things we own, and it is to us. as if one has given away who we are!
It is very different lifestyles and upbringing. She does her best in what she does. She is always trying to bless people which is amazing! These differences between outlook do present difficulties though... We do love her anyway! But I am wondering if China is similar because the attachment to "Things" maybe more shared? (It is actually a good thing to share. Though to us, we need to think about what we are prepared to share and what we like to keep... So when others share our things without us knowing we see it as a problem! Is this common in China as well due to a communistic way of living? I do like the concept in some ways as no one lacks anything! Everyone has what they need!)

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 8:39 am

belijojo wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

ShanXi,middle provinces。
Guangdong to gansu?really vague,that's almost both ends

I was in both Provinces and got transferred between schools a lot during my time over there.I think the closest I got to you was probably Changde, Hunan Province, although I was also in Baiyin, Gansu and Dongguan, Guangdong.

I kind of missed the short time in Sanya, Hainan, I wish I had had more of an opportunity to try surfing.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 12:35 pm

belijojo wrote:
...which is also why I have hesitated to undergo formal testing.

I hope you have found some informal tests on the Internet. Two that I know of are:
Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
Aspie Quiz

They don't give a formal diagnosis but might help strengthen your suspicions.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 7:28 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Hello. Welcome! It will e good to explore different political concepts and ideas. My youngest brother is married to a South Korean lady and though her country has had democracy for a long time, we do find difficulties between the way we live anddo things and the way she does. We love her anyway and she loves all of us. The difficulties are that she has very communistic ways so she sees things I have gone out of my way and saved and saved to buy in the past so I can use them, as being not owned byanyone so she will give our things away to others who she thinks needs them without telling us or asking us. She has no personal attachment to things, while we have lots of personal attachment to the things we own, and it is to us. as if one has given away who we are!
It is very different lifestyles and upbringing. She does her best in what she does. She is always trying to bless people which is amazing! These differences between outlook do present difficulties though... We do love her anyway! But I am wondering if China is similar because the attachment to "Things" maybe more shared? (It is actually a good thing to share. Though to us, we need to think about what we are prepared to share and what we like to keep... So when others share our things without us knowing we see it as a problem! Is this common in China as well due to a communistic way of living? I do like the concept in some ways as no one lacks anything! Everyone has what they need!)

This is a very interesting topic!
As you mentioned, communistic ways were once widely present in this land. However, due to the deliberate avoidance by the government, this phenomenon is almost non-existent in more modernized cities. At the same time, it is also a point of conflict between the poor and the rich – the poor are considered "boundary-less," while the rich are seen as "stingy." This is reflected in my own life, where some classmates may drink my beverage without my consent. The characterization of such behavior is open to discussion; as long as our relationship is good, it is considered normal, but if the relationship is not as strong, it is deemed rude.
I personally appreciate this "excessive sharing" behavior. Giving a hammer to someone who needs to nail something is as logical as giving food to someone who is hungry.
At the same time, I fully understand that in modern life, being "stingy" is perfectly acceptable and is one of the driving forces of social progress.
Finding the right balance between "stinginess" and "communistic" is a significant challenge in my life. Due to a lack of perception of the emotions of those around me, I am unsure whether my sharing is perceived as friendly, weird, or humble. Therefore, I have adopted an extreme stinginess – a firm refusal to share in any form. This has caused me distress. If there were a "completely correct" guide to life, I would be happy to follow it.