Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Dec 2023, 6:41 pm

Does anyone here do voices? By that, I mean talking in a voice other than the one you normally use, kind of like a voice actor, except for no apparent reason at all.

I do this all the time, sometimes randomly, sometimes when I want to amuse myself by doing an impression of a celebrity or a fictional character.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 6:42 pm

I do.

I do it from time to time to communicate with other people.

I also answer the telephone with a foreign accent just to be silly.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 6:47 pm

Constantly. :nerdy:

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2023, 9:32 pm

Yep.

Quoting movies/shows mainly

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 10:12 pm

I do voices quite often. Sometimes I have a reason for it, other times not so much. It amuses me now and then to add some drama or comedy to things I'm saying, most notably if I'm trying to make a lighthearted point or joking around. I find using some weird voice to work nicely for that sort of thing. I also do voices for my grandson when we do pretend things, like maybe I'm an evil warlord or something and my regular voice will not do. He has a small army of stuffed animals to, and I have specific voices for about half of them at this point in time.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm

i like emulating a deep-voiced radio announcer's delivery. for short bursts i can sound like one.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 4:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i like emulating a deep-voiced radio announcer's delivery. for short bursts i can sound like one.

Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty were a duo known as Steelers Wheel when they recorded this Dylan-esque pop bubblegum favorite from April of 1974. They reached up to number 5 as K-Billy's super sounds of the 70's continues.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 9:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Joe Egan and Gerry Rafferty were a duo known as Steelers Wheel when they recorded this Dylan-esque pop bubblegum favorite from April of 1974. They reached up to number 5 as K-Billy's super sounds of the 70's continues.

i could prolly read that alright.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Remember that scene from Reservoir Dogs?

That sorta voice (radio voice) is among the voices I can do and it catches people off guard. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Remember that scene from Reservoir Dogs? That sorta voice (radio voice) is among the voices I can do and it catches people off guard. :lol:

i would LOVE to hear your voice!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I've thought of making a thread for posting voice clips, either natural or in-character.

I've posted myself singing in different styles, as well as rapping before.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I've thought of making a thread for posting voice clips, either natural or in-character.

there was a similar thread here several years ago, i posted an example of my answering machine outgoing message on it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

there was a similar thread here several years ago, i posted an example of my answering machine outgoing message on it.

I'll try to get some things recorded over the next few days... if I can find my mic.

I'd like to put together a segment of Page Kennylz and Junior Jenkins doing race commentary, just because they're two fairly developed and very distinctive personas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'll try to get some things recorded over the next few days... if I can find my mic.

i look forward to hearing you do those things :bounce: