Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 2:13 am

Hi , Please let me know if there is anyone in particular you want me to prepare for or topics you want me to focus on during our time together. I want the presentation to be as beneficial and fruitful as possible. I'd like to let you know that I am fully prepared and eager to participate in a pleasant and timely conversation. ID:0e9198a4-f97c-4a85-9291-e1d4bce47dd4 Regards, Marcela Villafana
One attachment
• Scanned by Gmail
It said it from PayPal, it charge me over $400

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 3:56 am

Probably.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 8:46 am

It sounds like a scam. Don't click the provided link in the email and don't give out any of your personal details.

Do you know of any Marcela Villafana?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 10:01 am

Check on your banking if they actually took money.
Scammers say they charged you money so you'll open their links.
Don't open the links.
Just check your online banking.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2023, 9:40 pm

I went to my bank website, it is a scam.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Dec 2023, 10:32 pm

Good for you!

I had a "collection agency" saying Amazon turned over a debt from me to them. I immediately called Amazon. Bogus.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2024, 8:37 pm

I got a fake email saying he is King Charles.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2024, 8:38 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I got a fake email saying he is King Charles.

Ah yes, the classic British prince scheme. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 10:05 pm

Is this real or fake? I don’t know.

The campaign for the House of Representatives is raging like never before. The stakes could not be higher, and the outcome will shape our nation's future. Our Republican Majority hangs in the balance, and I'm reaching out to you because you have the power to make a decisive difference.

It's an indisputable fact: Democrats are on the offensive in battleground races across our great nation. While Republicans stand firm on principles of freedom and American values, our opponents relentlessly push a radical agenda that threatens the very fabric of our society. We need patriots in the fight for the soul of America—and, Lara, that means we need YOU.

CHIP IN NOW
This isn't just another plea for financial contributions; it's a rallying cry for all patriotic Americans who value liberty and the rule of law. Your immediate action is required to strengthen our Majority. Every single dollar you contribute goes directly to safeguarding seats in Congress that are crucial to maintaining a check on the Democrats' radical legislation.

Can we count on you to take a stand? Let's show them the might of the grassroots conservative movement. Contribute $10 or more IMMEDIATELY!

OFFICIAL DONOR FILE

EMAIL:
SUPPORTER ID: #01529762
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM TONIGHT
SUGGESTED GIFT: $25 or more

CHIP IN $25
CHIP IN $50
CHIP IN $75
ANOTHER AMOUNT
Remember, the Democrats exploit every opportunity to tilt the narrative and marginalize conservative voices. We must not let them dictate the terms of our nation's future. The time for action is now. We need to mobilize and send a clear message that the Republican Party stands united and robust in its conviction to uphold American values and conservative principles.

With your support, we will not only hold the line but also secure a future where fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and the promotion of individual freedoms are at the forefront of our government's agenda. Be the difference-maker and join the campaign that will define this generation and beyond.

Awaiting your swift response,

Alex DeGrasse
Senior Advisor to House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik

This email was sent to {redacted}.
To unsubscribe from future emails, click here.

House GOP Battleground Fund is committed to defending our Republican House majority and electing Republicans in Battleground Races across the country. Thank you for being a part of our movement. This message was sent to {redacted} because you are a member of the House GOP Battleground Fund grassroots network.

Contributions to House GOP Battleground Fund, or to any participating Committee individually, are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes. Contributions from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal government contractors, foreign nationals without green cards, and other federally impermissible sources are prohibited. The donor’s signature designates his or her contribution to the elections described above. Contributions that exceed a donor’s contribution limit to a participating Committee shall be reallocated to the remaining Committees according to this allocation formula to the extent permitted by FECA. Any contribution that would otherwise cause a donor to exceed any applicable contribution limit or that is otherwise impermissible under FECA shall be refunded. Any donor may designate his or her contribution to a specific participant Committee to the extent permitted by FECA. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of each individual whose aggregate contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle or calendar year, as applicable.

House GOP Battleground Fund, PO Box 500, Glens Falls, NY 12801, United States

Contributions to House GOP Battleground Fund are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Paid for by House GOP Battleground Fund, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Elise for Congress, E-PAC, and NY Republican Federal Campaign Committee.

Last edited by Cornflake on 30 Jan 2024, 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.: Redacted a personal email address - this forum is viewable by anyone on the Internet, including spammers and the like.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 2:13 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Is this real or fake? I don’t know.

The campaign for the House of Representatives is raging like never before. The stakes could not be higher, and the outcome will shape our nation's future. Our Republican Majority hangs in the balance, and I'm reaching out to you because you have the power to make a decisive difference.

It's an indisputable fact: Democrats are on the offensive in battleground races across our great nation. While Republicans stand firm on principles of freedom and American values, our opponents relentlessly push a radical agenda that threatens the very fabric of our society. We need patriots in the fight for the soul of America—and, Lara, that means we need YOU.

CHIP IN NOW
This isn't just another plea for financial contributions; it's a rallying cry for all patriotic Americans who value liberty and the rule of law. Your immediate action is required to strengthen our Majority. Every single dollar you contribute goes directly to safeguarding seats in Congress that are crucial to maintaining a check on the Democrats' radical legislation.

Can we count on you to take a stand? Let's show them the might of the grassroots conservative movement. Contribute $10 or more IMMEDIATELY!

OFFICIAL DONOR FILE

EMAIL: <redacted>
SUPPORTER ID: #01529762
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM TONIGHT
SUGGESTED GIFT: $25 or more

CHIP IN $25
CHIP IN $50
CHIP IN $75
ANOTHER AMOUNT
Remember, the Democrats exploit every opportunity to tilt the narrative and marginalize conservative voices. We must not let them dictate the terms of our nation's future. The time for action is now. We need to mobilize and send a clear message that the Republican Party stands united and robust in its conviction to uphold American values and conservative principles.

With your support, we will not only hold the line but also secure a future where fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and the promotion of individual freedoms are at the forefront of our government's agenda. Be the difference-maker and join the campaign that will define this generation and beyond.

Awaiting your swift response,

Alex DeGrasse
Senior Advisor to House GOP Conference Chair Elise Stefanik

This email was sent to <redacted>
To unsubscribe from future emails, click here.

House GOP Battleground Fund is committed to defending our Republican House majority and electing Republicans in Battleground Races across the country. Thank you for being a part of our movement. This message was sent to <redacted> because you are a member of the House GOP Battleground Fund grassroots network.

Contributions to House GOP Battleground Fund, or to any participating Committee individually, are not deductible as charitable donations for federal income tax purposes. Contributions from corporations, labor organizations, national banks, federal government contractors, foreign nationals without green cards, and other federally impermissible sources are prohibited. The donor’s signature designates his or her contribution to the elections described above. Contributions that exceed a donor’s contribution limit to a participating Committee shall be reallocated to the remaining Committees according to this allocation formula to the extent permitted by FECA. Any contribution that would otherwise cause a donor to exceed any applicable contribution limit or that is otherwise impermissible under FECA shall be refunded. Any donor may designate his or her contribution to a specific participant Committee to the extent permitted by FECA. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer of each individual whose aggregate contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle or calendar year, as applicable.

House GOP Battleground Fund, PO Box 500, Glens Falls, NY 12801, United States

Contributions to House GOP Battleground Fund are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Paid for by House GOP Battleground Fund, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Elise for Congress, E-PAC, and NY Republican Federal Campaign Committee.

This looks like a political fundraising email, rather than an outright scam.

Also, you should probably remove your email address from those when/if you post them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Stormyweathers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Feb 2024, 1:43 am

As an email administrator and political junkie, I'd like to offer you a tidbit of advice.

Inside Outlook, or whatever client you are using, find the inbox rules. Most decent clients have some variation on the theme.

Build a rule that looks for the phrase "campaign for" in the subject or body of the email, and send it to deleted items. If you know your email admin, ask them to send it to quarantine instead.

Nothing good comes of these emails.

AnanstrixG
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2024, 3:58 pm

Your first post was almost certainly a scam. Anything that has ID codes or any sort of alphanumeric jumble or anything that says "here is your invoice" is spammed immediately.

The political stuff ... it is spam but not any more a scam than any other political fundraisers. I personally also put them in the spam folder. If I want to support a candidate, I'll do it my way.

(edit) also, any PDF that does not come from someone you actually know and you know what is actually in it ... PDFs can become active on your hard drive, don't open for your own safety.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

I started using different e-mail addresses for different financial institutions.

That is, one e-mail address for one bank or credit card company that is never used anywhere else.

For example, imagine e-mail addresses such as any of the following

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

So you give PayPal or someone else a ridiculous e-mail address like one of those above. It goes into their database and nobody ever needs to enter it by hand. If you get an e-mail from PayPal telling you about some bogus charge, then if it is not from the ridiculous e-mail address they have on file, you immediately know that it is completely bogus.

I have a protonmail visionary account and so I have up to 100 available addresses. That makes this pretty easy.

It is even easier now with their simplelogin where you can create an e-mail address that forwards through to the address you give. With this, I go so far now as to create a different simplelogin e-mail address for just about anything new.