Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2023, 12:54 pm

I've been on Facebook since late 2009, I've deleted accounts and made a new one a few times. I deleted one account because old comments kept resurfacing, many were dumb or cringy comments I made a few years prior. I felt embarrassed and weird, so I deleted my page and made a new one.

Honestly, I want to quit Facebook but the problem is, I would lose touch with a few people that live far away, and I would have a chance to talk to otherwise. I only have 15 friends on FB so losing those people would really isolate me. Tired of the endless 1-sided political posts, kid pictures, and endless b!t*hing . Plus, trolling and drama.

I'm thinking of deactivating it and just see how it goes for awhile.

At the same time, I am going to quit this one message board I've posted on for many years, 2 people keep trolling me and I'm sick of it. I don't want run away because of them but every time I go on I get a pit in my stomach, like I'm going to say something wrong and get attacked. Having my words twisted around and used against me. Over it.

Anyone else here quit Facebook cold turkey? how did it go for you. Ok rant out.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2023, 12:57 pm

I quit Facebook cold turkey over a year ago and it has been a big relief not to have that stupid app splitting my attention.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2023, 1:42 pm

I've made and deleted Facebook and other social media numerous times.
No instagram or TikTok either anymore.

I only use YouTube,for entertainment and a separate upload channel.
And PS5 and PS4,PlayStation app.

Also I have a twitter aka X but that's for private kink stuff.

Rainbowstarsxoxo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2023, 7:41 pm

I understand. I deleted my Facebook for good because it’s drama and I don’t like it. I don’t have a lot of social media accounts. I barely go on YouTube anymore.