Juuuuuust the movie the world needs right now.. acceleration

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 12:07 pm

I have high hopes for this movie. If it's well done, it might just be an Excellent watch. This is one of very few movies that I plan to see on the big screen, maybe even in one of the special theatres that has better sound or those rumbling motion seats whatever they call them.

My HOPE is that it's super cool entertainment. But I am also very very Very curious about how they frame the whole concept of another US civil war, and how they end the movie ofc. I wonder if it will be viewed as and appreciated for being an entertaining war fantasy movie, and if they use it to warn against ever having another civil war.. or if they glorify the idea of another civil war and it makes real life crazy people want to do real life crazy things.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:11 pm

I hope the movie's producers had intentions of their creation being a WARNING to amuuurica, and not just an exploitation.

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:46 pm

Hey CR, go easy on yourself. 8)

As for the movie... Before 2016 I would ever have thought something like that could happen. Since then and especially since 2020 it looks increasingly possible. People once upon a time in democracies used to respect the differences of beliefs and opinions of others even if they didn't agree. From my distant perspective it seems in the US it has degenerated into a very dangerous situation where any citizen who doesn't share one's political beliefs doesn't belong in their version of the nation state. It's terrifying how close a particular individual came to overturning the democratic process, and it's terrifying that this individual is being given another shot at it, I would imagine next time he will be much better prepared and much more ruthless.