Microsoft has apparently gutted their Bing Rewards system

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2023, 11:26 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-US/finance/other ... reappshare

This really sucks because it was the only way I could save any "money" (points) to download free games...

I think I'm done with the Xbox. In fact I'm done with all these overpriced next gen systems.

I should invest in one of those newer retro systems that have pre-installed games like the Sega Genesis or PSone. Even though i cant add more games to the PSone classic they came out with at least ill be able to play Resident Evil 1 and maybe some other old games.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 10:47 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I should invest in one of those newer retro systems that have pre-installed games like the Sega Genesis or PSone. Even though i cant add more games to the PSone classic they came out with at least ill be able to play Resident Evil 1 and maybe some other old games.

Do you mess around with emulation at all? Odds are you don't need a new device to play older games.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Do you mess around with emulation at all? Odds are you don't need a new device to play older games.

Actually I do not... im not even sure how they work? :?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 10:56 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Actually I do not... im not even sure how they work? :?

Basically, they're a program that runs programs designed for other types of computers.

Fusion is the main Master System and Genesis emulator I'm used to.
I'm less familiar with emulating PlayStation, but there's several of them out there.

Emulating is great because not only can you play the games you remember, there's also often ROM hacks of them which offer a slightly different take on whatever game it might be. I've made a bunch of ROM hacks of NHL 95, mostly altered rosters and physics. The next one I've got in mind will be more thorough using the 34 team ROM.

I've seen a ROM hack of Gen 2 Pokemon that's planning on making the entire Kanto region explorable. I don't think it's done yet though.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2023, 11:38 pm

Honestly that sounds like it would be over my head. :|

I was thinking more like the Sega Genesis Mini which has a lot of built-in classics.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2023, 11:41 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I was thinking more like the Sega Genesis Mini which has a lot of built-in classics.

Emulators are a good thing, running on a PC or other existing device, and often with better graphics. but i don't know more information

seiva
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2023, 6:07 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

Hey man I've been emulating old games since I was a kid, if you want to you can message me what systems you were wanting to play and I can walk you through setting up the emulator and answer any questions you might have.

Sorry if I take a little bit to respond btw, I'm new to this site! :wink: