Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 3:25 pm

I didn't used to have this issue, but now it's a major bother. Almost threw up today because of it.

Anyone else?

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

JosetteJoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2023, 3:29 pm

I couldn't wear a mask the entire Covid 19 pandemic because of sensory issues.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 5:03 pm

I can't wear a mask as I don't breathe. Also don't like things on my face and it took me years before I could wear glasses or eye protection but can't cover my mouth and nose together. Optician could not do a full text on me as I can't let people come near my eyes. I automatically hold my breathe when I try to wear a mask until I take it off. Why when working with dust, I put mask on until I can't hold my breath any more and take mask off and take a very deep breath so I actually inhale less dust by not wearing it! Can't seem to over-ride it. Tried many times. Pass out through not breathing if I try. I did have an exemption. Didn't know masks were still to be worn.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 15 Dec 2023, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 5:05 pm

Well, I'm getting over a cold, so I've been wearing a mask at work the past couple days

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 9:16 pm

When we started having to wear masks here in the West, it was very hot and I found it to be almost unbearable. I felt like I was suffocating. Plus where I was working, there was no air conditioning, only fans.

Another problem I had was understanding other people because I couldn't see their mouths. When I talk to people, I don't usually make eye contact, I look at their mouth as that is where the sound comes out. If I can't see their mouth, what am I supposed to look at?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 10:41 pm

More or less.

If I wear a mask, my ears would hurt, I may not breathe well, I had yo remove it whenever I had yo sneeze, it will not be good if I sweat, and my glasses will fog if the weather is cold.

On the other hand, my face will feel exposed, I'd be more vulnerable to sneezing fits, I'd lose the familiar enough weight, and unable to cover whatever I'm mumbling out loud.

Hm.
I would had to depend on the weather and if my body stops giving me chronic above the neck symptoms.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jutty1224
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2024, 8:08 am

I tried to avoid wearing a mask as much as I could during the plandemic. When I went to the grocery store I would put it on before getting out of my car, but when leaving the store I would I would take it off as soon as I stepped outside. By late May 2021 they no longer made you wear it in public places. Since May 2021 the only places they wanted you to wear one was at the doctor, but that stopped last spring.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 8:12 am

I hated wearing Covid masks and didn't do so for the most part during the pandemic. For sensory reasons but also because they made me struggle to breathe properly (I can barely breathe out of my nose).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 12:00 pm

I wore a mask the first couple of years of the pandemic, even when masks were no longer mandatory. Although when summer came and the weather got warm by the third year, I stopped wearing one because it made my face sweaty.

Last month I got a nasty chest cold that lasted almost two weeks, and after I got better and was going back out I started wearing a mask again. I had planned to wear one for the rest of winter but then when I went into Walmart last week I realized I forgot to put it on and was like "oh well".

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 12:32 pm

Everyone is different.

My only problem with wearing a mask is...under certain conditions...my glasses get fogged.

Other than that I have no problem wearing a mask. I tend to wear it whenever I am away from home...indoors or outdoors...and not actively eating. I hope routine mask wearing stays acceptable. (I'll let the professionals decide when it is obligatory.)

Oh, another problem I've had wearing a mask...several times I've forgotten to remove my mask before I started eating.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 3:37 pm

I hope to never have to wear a mask again. That was hell for me.

Hokulea
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Feb 2024, 3:56 pm

I have to admit, I kinda liked wearing a mask because it meant I didn't worry so much about my facial expressions while in public.

It can get a bit hot at times though.

Since I rarely see anyone else wearing a mask, where I live, the only time I wear a mask now is at the doctors or when doing astronomy/looking at the stars from my garden on a particularly cold night to keep my face warm.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2024, 4:50 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Everyone is different.

My only problem with wearing a mask is...under certain conditions...my glasses get fogged.

Other than that I have no problem wearing a mask. I tend to wear it whenever I am away from home...indoors or outdoors...and not actively eating. I hope routine mask wearing stays acceptable. (I'll let the professionals decide when it is obligatory.)

Oh, another problem I've had wearing a mask...several times I've forgotten to remove my mask before I started eating.

Yeah, glasses getting fogged is a problem with Covid masks. :x