Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 4:31 am

Its the lead singer of Korpiklaani's solo project...and I think it is really good. For history Korpiklaani just plays sort of fun traditional music related to drinking...and got sort of adopted as a 'folk metal band' even though they never set out to be a metal, metalheads just decided they were metal. But yeah the Jonne solo project is quite a bit different than the korpiklanni stuff but still very good.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 5:02 am

Here is one of the better songs:

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Dec 2023, 8:18 am

I have never heard of this singer or band before. I like the music in the video but need to understand the lyrics to really enjoy music and I don't understand a word of this. I believe it's finnish.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 8:30 am

I am not well versed in rock from Finland.

I always assumed that everyone in Finland was too busy "raking the leaves in the forest to prevent forest fires" to do stuff like play musical instruments. :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 12:38 pm

Cant understand a word, but it has a nice unique sound. Integrates a squeezebox and Native American chanting into the ensemble. Not sure why Finns are singing about our Indigenous people, but whatever.

The Finnish language itself has a unique and rather pleasing sound.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2023, 1:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Cant understand a word, but it has a nice unique sound. Integrates a squeezebox and Native American chanting into the ensemble. Not sure why Finns are singing about our Indigenous people, but whatever.

The Indigenous people of Finland and the rest of the Nordic region is Samic. I think what you are hearing is original native Sámic music elements and lyrics in Northern Sámi, not Native American chanting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2023, 2:41 pm

BillyTree wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

The Indigenous people of Finland and the rest of the Nordic region is Samic. I think what you are hearing is original native Sámic music elements and lyrics in Northern Sámi, not Native American chanting.

Duhhh... :oops:
Of course.

The people in video even look like Native Americans in garb (in a stereotypical way), but yeah...they must be portraying indigenous Lapp/Sami shaman..doing shamanistic musical things.

Interesting.