Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 12:54 pm

What are some examples of things that you got punished for, that other people got away with?

What do you think and feel about it?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 8:45 am

Letting my emotions show at work when I was working. If a coworker did that, nobody would have done anything. Of course none of my coworkers would have done that. They were the types who could keep calm and carry on.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 9:32 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Letting my emotions show at work when I was working. If a coworker did that, nobody would have done anything. Of course none of my coworkers would have done that. They were the types who could keep calm and carry on.

Often, people in authority, in any capacity really, have favourite people who get away with anything, whilst other people are pulled up on minor infractions in terms of their behaviour.

The bias happens everywhere in society, unfortunately.

Stormyweathers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2023, 2:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

That's real. I've kind of learned the hard way that while my emotional responses aren't all that more extreme than others who have no problem, I tend to become emotional in different circumstances, so when it happens to neurotypicals ... everyone is feeling the same thing but not saying it, but when it happens to me, I'm alone.

We have to do a better job of keeping our emotions in check than neurotypicals, or we are less likely to hold down a job.

:(

Stormyweathers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2023, 2:46 pm

Disagreeing.

Speaking truth to power invites retaliation which is proportional to the strength of my argument. The more undeniable my claim, the more articulate I am when I deliver it, the harder power hits back.

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Dec 2023, 3:00 pm

Other people are allowed to show that they're frustrated by the tone of their voice, but if I do they get upset with me.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 8:40 am

- When I was 21, a past roommate of mine got mad at me for getting drunk at a Mardi Gras Party that she was having. However, it was okay for her and the other roommate to be heavy drinkers.

- At an old job, I got punished for "Gossiping," about my colleagues on a forum, yet it was okay for the owner and half of the small company to gossip and talk badly about others.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 12:55 pm

Some other examples

1. When my aunt was alive, she would get mad at me if I would repeat something. Then one time, I did the same thing to her and I was told, "That was rude."