Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

seiva
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2023, 11:16 am

Hey guys!
I found this forum recently and it seems like a nice place, so I'll introduce myself.

I'm 20 y/o mtf from USA, always knew I was very "weird", but my parents had somewhat old-fashioned mindsets about neurodiversity and so chose not to get me tested.
After an especially tough first couple years in high school (14-16) it became apparent I needed help, so at 17 I got tested and was diagnosed with adhd + anxiety, with the tester saying I was "a little bit autistic" but that she wasn't going to diagnose me at this time (what??). I was, however, much higher masking back then.

For the latter half of high school when covid hit, for the first time in my life I had the time and space to reflect. Between realizing I am definitely not a dude, and realizing I am definitely autistic (and that that's NOT a bad thing!) my mask kinda burned to a crisp xD

Tried to go to college but found that I needed to figure out healthier ways to cope and organize my life before taking that on (I flunked out lol)

I hope to meet some cool people here! :heart: btw i LOVE video games, music, japan + im a leftist :nerdy:

Anyway, I hope you'll have me! :mrgreen: And I hope my introduction hasn't been TOO annoying :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 2:04 pm

Ahoy-hoy.

Your intro lived up to expectations. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 2:14 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it to be useful.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 3:14 pm

I am both a leftist and a rightist as otherwise I would walk round in circles!

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 4:59 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 8:43 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. You may be an Aspie (Asperger's Syndrome), if so, understand the traits of a male Aspie are very different than normally found in females. You are still rather young and generally in Aspies, their minds grow and grow and grow as they get older. The key is to trust yourself. You have many extra skills that most humans do not have. Learn to use them. Use your special skills and help humans.

Human brains have two sides in our skull. One on the left side and one on the right side of our skull. Normally most people grow up and their left side becomes the dominant brain, their daytime brain. The right side exist in REM and NREM sleep. It is our night time brain. But for some of us we become Aspies and our brains flip sides. That is why we are different. WE THINK DIFFERENTLY THEN OTHER NT PEOPLE BECAUSE WE ARE ND.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 7:23 pm

welcome, glad you are with us

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 11:21 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 1:10 am

welcome

CockneyRebel