Trump Must Really Hate Colorado now!

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 7:51 pm

The Colorado state supreme court just ruled Trump can't run for office. Now, let's see if the Supreme Court has the testicular courage to support this verdict when it gets kicked up to them.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-legal- ... 29339.html

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 8:23 pm

I wonder who the GOP frontrunner will be if he is booted nationwide.

In any case, I worry just as much about how his followers will react if he is, than I do about him getting a second term.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 9:50 pm

bars those who have “engaged in insurrection” from holding office.
interesting law

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 12:11 am

belijojo wrote:
bars those who have “engaged in insurrection” from holding office.
interesting law

Yep, and it's constitutional! Let's see now if the Trump cult holds their golden cow over the constitution.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 12:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump Must Really Hate Colorado now!
I hope his rage pitches him (further) over the edge.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 12:32 am

Looks like my wish may come true.

In a statement Tuesday night on his campaign website, Donald Trump blasted Colorado's decision and vowed to appeal "immediately" to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"A ruling party is attempting to amass total control over America by rigging the election against its leading opponent who happens to be a political outsider committed to defending the needs and interests of hardworking Americans," Trump said. "This is how dictatorships are born."

"Crooked Joe and the Democrats know they can't beat us at the ballot box, so their new plan is to nullify every single 'Trump ballot' in the nation to keep Biden in the White House," Trump added.

Read the full and unedited UPI article  HERE 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 2:27 am

Fnord wrote:
Looks like my wish may come true.

In a statement Tuesday night on his campaign website, Donald Trump blasted Colorado's decision and vowed to appeal "immediately" to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"A ruling party is attempting to amass total control over America by rigging the election against its leading opponent who happens to be a political outsider committed to defending the needs and interests of hardworking Americans," Trump said. "This is how dictatorships are born."

"Crooked Joe and the Democrats know they can't beat us at the ballot box, so their new plan is to nullify every single 'Trump ballot' in the nation to keep Biden in the White House," Trump added.

Read the full and unedited UPI article  HERE 

He and his supporters simply don't want to concede that it's not Joe Biden conspiring against them, but that attempting to overthrow the government is against the law. They'll rationalize anything, as long as it doesn't place the blame with who they see in the mirror.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 6:12 am

:heart: :heart: :heart:

What a nut.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 2:12 pm

Mixed feelings here. On the one hand, a second Trump presidency is so frightening its tempting to stop him any way you can rather than leave it to chance. On the other hand, disqualifying him will create a martyr - all those supporters are not going to accept it quietly and it'll become a huge conspiracy theory. More division. It would be far preferable for Trump to be trounced at the ballot box again in terms of putting his menace to bed properly.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 5:11 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Mixed feelings here. On the one hand, a second Trump presidency is so frightening its tempting to stop him any way you can rather than leave it to chance. On the other hand, disqualifying him will create a martyr - all those supporters are not going to accept it quietly and it'll become a huge conspiracy theory. More division. It would be far preferable for Trump to be trounced at the ballot box again in terms of putting his menace to bed properly.

Aren't they supposed to be the party of law & order?

Anyways, partisanship doesn't matter when it comes to the law. The law applies to everyone. trumplestiltskin trolled too hard and broke the laws as outlined in the US Constitution and based on what it says he's disqualified from running for president - and should be officially/formally disqualified from the ballot all over the country. To give him a pass on being an insurrectionist trying to overthrow the US government and install himself as dictator would be the end of US democracy as outlined in its constitution. That's why there are constitutional scholars & law professors of all stripes, not just from the democratic party, who've called trump out on this BS and stated that if anyone ever in the history of the USA should be disqualified under the 14th amendment for participating in an insurrection agains the USA and it's constitution, trump is that guy. Giving him a pass would do much more lasting damage to the rule of law and Democracy.

To truly make him a martyr he'd have to be assassinated or something - and I really don't think that's going to happen. The nuts with guns are Mostly on trump's side. Also, I think most people that don't like him would rather see him die in jail than get off easy with a quick ending anyways.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2023, 5:19 pm

As I understand it there are laws in the US that block (some) people convicted of felonies to vote. In light of that it would be hilarious if someone who tried to overthrow the goverment would be allowed to run for the highest office. The question whether Trump could become a martyr in the eyes of misinformed radical right fringe groups should not be taken into account. If needed these people should be firmly dealt with by the law enforcement. This is the time to man up a little bit and stand up for American values. If Trump gets a second shot as President you could as well hand over the White House keys to the Russians.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 5:36 pm

He Should Be disqualified, in jail, or both before the next election. Time will tell what happens to him. The wheels of justice turn slowly... but they are turning and he's getting caught up in the gears and going to be crushed and he knows it - hence his desperate fear s**t posting to his 3rd rate social media platform in the middle of the nights.

Hasn't been much news from Jack Smith or the DOJ in a while. Sure, there are headlines about current legal proceedings.. but not much from the special counsel. Once again I assume this is because they're busy doing the work required to nail this dirtbag to the wall. I recall reading that the grand jury(ies) is still meeting and that speculation is that they're still working through details on other trump crimes and that he may be indicted on further counts. One big one is his non-stop breach of the US constitution's emoluments clause with his constant profiteering from his presidency. Makes sense to me that they'd be digging through all the accounting and nailing him for that, too. Why would the DOJ set the precedent that a potus can abuse the highest office in the land to line their own pockets at every turn without consequences? If I were to bet $1 on another indictment it'd be related to his financial abuse of his term in office. Why is it taking so long? That's a lot of financial abuse to sort through.. 4 years worth of foreign leaders and secret service overpaying at his hotels, melania advertising a line of jewellery ON THE WHITE HOUSE' OFFICIAL WEBSITE!! and son in law kushner getting a $2B reach around from the Saudi's on his way out the door.. + everything he did that we didn't know about and the DOJ is finding out.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 5:45 pm

:lol: Listening to a Fox News clip about this on Facebook watch right now and it's pretty hilarious. "Who are they (judges) to decide trump can't be on the ballot? It should be up to voters!" blah blah blah - yeah; except for the Fact that the US Constitution outlines who is and isn't qualified to run for office.. and insurrectionists are disqualified you numbnuts! :lol:

I don't think these broadcasters or other politicians are really Actually that stupid. They're just saying what they know their trump supporter audience wants to hear. The dangerous part is they're pretending that the legal system is being "turned into lawfare against trump," vs the reality that trump is just being held accountable for his crimes to the letter of the law.

Here's the Fox News clip: https://www.facebook.com/hszuidg/posts/ ... CrPHvu8nFl

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 6:16 pm

↑ Neither Fox News nor YouTube are on my list of reliable news sources.

But they do seem to be symptomatic of the Moral Panic infecting America's electoral process.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 7:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ Neither Fox News nor YouTube are on my list of reliable news sources.

But they do seem to be symptomatic of the Moral Panic infecting America's electoral process.

Of course not. I don't listen to it when it comes on because I think they're going to broadcast some sort of fair and balanced set of facts about a story. I listen to it to see what kind of BS they're feeding trump supporters to eat up.. and Also for a laugh at how ridiculous it is.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 7:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
:lol: Listening to a Fox News clip about this on Facebook watch right now and it's pretty hilarious. "Who are they (judges) to decide trump can't be on the ballot? It should be up to voters!" blah blah blah - yeah; except for the Fact that the US Constitution outlines who is and isn't qualified to run for office.. and insurrectionists are disqualified you numbnuts! :lol:

I don't think these broadcasters or other politicians are really Actually that stupid. They're just saying what they know their trump supporter audience wants to hear. The dangerous part is they're pretending that the legal system is being "turned into lawfare against trump," vs the reality that trump is just being held accountable for his crimes to the letter of the law.

Here's the Fox News clip: https://www.facebook.com/hszuidg/posts/ ... CrPHvu8nFl

I seem to recall how a Republican faction had wanted to pass a law barring anyone who didn't show his or her birth certificate, which had clearly been aimed at Obama. And not revealing your birth certificate isn't even against the law (of course, he did, to forestall the ignorant racist element)!
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.