Feel like I'm single because I didn't go to a nightclub

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 8:13 am

I know this sounds ridiculous as people meet other people in different ways and in different places but that's how it feels to me. I still won't even if I wanted to go into a nightclub, because I don't see the point in going in there on my own and feeling like some weirdo sitting at a table somewhere on my own while everyone around me has someone to talk to. I didn't interest me even when I walked through the high street after working quite late last friday or saturday evening when I saw a lot of people heading for the restaurants, pubs and bars.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 8:36 am

Not everyone meets in a nightclub.

Most people probably don't.

So I'm not sure why you feel this way.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 2:49 pm

I’ve never been to a nightclub.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 3:07 pm

The issue isn't going to a club or several of them. Plenty of folks don't don't go clubbing at all. The issue is that you are not putting yourself in a position to meet the kinds of people you would want to date. You have to both meet and be rejected by a lot of people before you find someone with potential. Are you doing that?

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 3:24 pm

You can make all the posts you want on this board. The only solution for you is to get out there and try. If you don't do that, you will wind up pissing and moaning for the rest of your days. God helps those who help themselves.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 4:48 pm

rse92 wrote:
You can make all the posts you want on this board. The only solution for you is to get out there and try. If you don't do that, you will wind up pissing and moaning for the rest of your days. God helps those who help themselves.

Harsh, yet relevant advice.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 5:03 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
rse92 wrote:

Harsh, yet relevant advice.

One can only complain that he doesn't meet anybody because he doesn't try so many times before people will tune him out.