I broke up with my girlfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 5:48 am

Disclaimer: I broke up with her on the 22nd, not on the 24th or 25th. Just wanted to clear that up before someone bashed me for doing it on Christmas.

It didn’t feel all that great to be with her. I didn’t feel like such a lucky guy.

I didn’t feel as happy as I should be when I’m in a relationship that was less than 2 months old. Not to mention being so close to Christmas and this being about to be the first one in which I’ve had a girlfriend for.

I’ve had thoughts of breaking up with her for a while but I wasn’t sure what to make of those feelings. Eventually, it became too much for me to ignore.

For a long time, I have dated girls more so because they were into me than vice versa. A part of this is because I haven’t been able to just date any girl I want. Which is bizarre to say because I was the one that initiated the conversation with her the day we met.

Even though I was the one to end the relationship, I’ve literally been feeling heartache about the connection with her that is now lost. I feel terrible thinking about when I told her I wanted to end it. I care about her and her feelings. Maybe a big part of this was bc I learned things about her later on that made me change my mind. I hope some other guy will appreciate her for who she is, I just wasn’t able to.

Now I’m typing this out on Christmas morning, which is sad to think about. Although thankfully, I have something to look forward to: I asked my parents for a PS5 and based on some comments from them I think they had gotten it for me. Maybe that’ll at least help me re-adjust to life as a single man, then I can go back to being unhappy that I’m single. Lol.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 7:30 am

only you know what is right for you.
No judgement, no criticism, finding the healthiest ways to go forward is always best. Decisions like that are always tough.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 7:33 am

I don't think people would necessarily be trying to find reasons to bash your choice of date for ending your relationship. Most members on the board are friendly and non-judgmental, with the exception of the occasional hostile entity.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 7:07 pm

Update: I did indeed get the PS5! I’m downloading NBA 2K24 right now!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 7:26 pm

Sweet Pea hugs

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 8:06 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
Update: I did indeed get the PS5! I’m downloading NBA 2K24 right now!

Well, that should be a nice distraction from the bad feelings about it. That said if you weren't feeling the relationship than you made the right choice by being honest with her, rather than leading her on.