Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DaveAndZero
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2023, 12:40 am

Hey folks, Dave here. After learning of the site's existence, I immediately came over and created an account. And hey, Merry Christmas! Your gift is... some random internet stranger! Lucky you! :roll: : :lol:

I'm home sick on Christmas with the flu and couldn't spend time with the family, a bummer -- but as I'm sure many of us here will be able to identify with... it really wasn't SO bad staying home from the social chaos of the party scene... heh.

So, why am I here? To meet folks, to join a community of like-minded humans. Make friends, you know the deal. Share my own perspective with the hopes it will help others, and benefit from y'all in yet-unknown ways. Geography isn't so important to me in friends; it ranks a million miles behind that awesome vibe I only seem to find with my fellow neurodivergents!

As an (recently discovered) Aspie with (long-time known) ADHD, my list of special interests would probably crash the servers if I tried to type it all out. Let's just say it's been a busy buncha years finding a new thing then going reeeeeal deep. I'll name some (specifics) for flavor.

I guess some of the highlights would be: provider of reportedly uniquely valuable perspective and advice for friends and family, big fan of comedy (George Carlin), lover of science (Carl Sagan), pursuer of holistically healthy worldview (Derren Brown), musician (trumpet, vocal and electric bass), ex-hardcore gamer (Final Fantasy and MMOs), motorcycle track day rider (Triumph Street Triple), car modifier (Chevy Impala SS), amateur psychologist, proponent of inner soul-work, Muay Thai practitioner, advocate of deep human care and connection both with others and oneself, anime enthusiast (Cowboy Bebop) and novice dancer of Argentine Tango.

So, lots of stuff.

/soapbox
I've grown to see value in all walks of life, and I believe that we should all take great advantage of the limited time that we have in this world.
/end soapbox

Oh, and of course there's my cat Zero aka Zero the Hero aka Zero the Immortal aka Zero Fuchs aka Bahamut Zero aka Zeros the Heavy Metal Prince. It may be hard to conceptualize since you've never met him, but he is in fact the world's greatest cat. I sense I'll get some pushback on that, but... it's all good, you're uninitiated :lol:

So cheers, y'all. Merry Christmas if you celebrate it, or happy Hanukkah, or happy anything! And for my fellow Humanists, happy HumanLight!

[obligatory Festivus reference not found]

Stay true to you, even if some folks ain't always into it. There's only one "real you" and it's up to you whether it ever sees the light of day.

Cheers,
Dave and Zero

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 1:00 am

Ahoy-hoy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 1:20 am

George Carlin is great 。wellcome :D

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 9:55 am

Welcome Dave and Zero

I have had many cats and dogs through the years. I always raised them to be friends together. A little hard to do, but it was doable. I had a remarkable cat one time. It was a Maine Coon. It was a truly wonderful cat. It was one of the bravest cats in the world. Even as a small being, it was fearless.

It was a very special breed of cats. My cat had six claws on each hand and on each foot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 9:59 am

Welcome aboard!

:alien:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 10:56 am

Welcome Dave and Zero..glad you made a good Landing on this here Wrong Planet....
nice to see you have a common source of Humour through the Wonderful Works of George Carlin . :D
Welcome to Zero too..! aswell.

where ever you go ,there you are

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2023, 11:47 am

Welcome to the wrong planet. Funny guy, George Carlin. Hope you will enjoy it here!

Rolling on after the cut in
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Dec 2023, 1:13 pm

Glad to meet you and your cat Zero! Love George Carlin as well!

I say hi, my cat says meow! Good to know we are in good company. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 1:40 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

alex
Developer
Developer

26 Dec 2023, 3:11 pm

Welcome!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 4:34 pm

Welcome to WP! I think you can find some interesting conversations here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 12:58 pm

YAY another one :bounce:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 7:46 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 9:05 am

welcome! glad you found us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 1:18 am

Welcome to WP :salut: