Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Dec 2023, 4:18 pm

Well it's a bit private question but i want to gain some insight.

Now i'm almost 26 years old and never made a decent amount of money or regular income. Only made small amounts online. Im in university and will probably drop out to prevent wasting another 3 years. Also im fed up with social problems and crowds.

My biggest interest is software development and game dev but i couldnt make money off that yet. So what can I do to build an income?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 5:02 pm

If you can work but have a limited capacity to do so, you might have to take low skilled jobs and ask for disabled accommodations.

If you are disabled enough, it may be worth considering applying for disability payments.

David1346
Raven
Raven

28 Dec 2023, 11:33 pm

YouTube has a lot of videos about side hustles and remote work from home jobs.

If you are tech oriented, you could be a content creator. If your skills extend to producing videos, you could be a YouTube editor. It's kind of hard to offer suggestions because you haven't said much about what your background education and skills are.

I'm a lot older than you are. I'm 63. I just retired after having been a teacher for 32 years. I loved the first month off work. I tolerated the 2nd month. I'm now thoroughly bored. Since I have been both an elementary teacher (17 years) and a high school teacher (15 years), I am retraining as a special education teacher with an endorsement in autism and look to be heading back to work during the 2023-2025 school year.

I decided to stay in education because teaching is where my skillset is.