How do you demonstrate interest in someone?

Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 5:47 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
That makes sense.

To express interest, I usually ignore people and respond monosyllabically to any question they might ask. I feel like this makes me mysterious.

If they keep trying you know you've got 'em hooked.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 5:53 pm

I usually just assume that people are being nice/polite unless they’re really obvious about it. Part of it is because my upbringing and young adulthood was very weird about this stuff.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm

By taking them into a storage room or something and kissing them :heart: :heart: :heart:

I wish I could try that at Day Program but I would get kicked out!! !

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 6:28 pm

When I was 12-13, I would challenge them to an arm wrestling match. However, I quickly learned that it was an ineffective strategy, so I ended up abandoning it altogether.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Feb 2024, 8:27 pm

Presumably I'd flirt, but what the heck is even that? How am I supposed to do that? :huh:

Often what I've done in the past when I wanted to come out to someone (my ex-girlfriend waaayyy back in the day), I hinted about that, often in joking ways so I could take it back if a negative response came out. I think that's also the only way I've ever tried to let someone know I like them.

Recently, I think I have realized me being more playful and joking around with people I like. Perhaps that's "flirting". IDK. :huh: Not sure if it's actually distinguishable from normal me. I could especially confuse guys, because I like to play around with them, not romantically, but instead because my mind is oftentime like an elementary school girl liking to mess around with boys about silly girls vs boys elementary school nonsense (think "cooties" but not sure I've ever said that one. Maybe. :oops: ). I was doing this with a guy at work and realized "WAIT. We're adults. Am I being inappropriate? Is he going to take this the wrong way?". :oops:

tl;dr: I don't know how to flirt. I also have a poor detector for realizing someone is attracted to me. They have to do something obvious, like guys using pet names. (which is frustrating, because I don't like that, but what short of that will oblivious me even recognize? Ugh)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2024, 8:29 pm

Harmonie wrote:
Presumably I'd flirt, but what the heck is even that? How am I supposed to do that? :huh:

Often what I've done in the past when I wanted to come out to someone (my ex-girlfriend waaayyy back in the day), I hinted about that, often in joking ways so I could take it back if a negative response came out. I think that's also the only way I've ever tried to let someone know I like them.

Recently, I think I have realized me being more playful and joking around with people I like. Perhaps that's "flirting". IDK. :huh:
tl;dr: I don't know how to flirt. I also have a poor detector for realizing someone is attracted to me. They have to do something obvious, like guys using pet names. (which is frustrating, because I don't like that, but what short of that will oblivious me even recognize? Ugh)

Yes, that's flirting. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2024, 10:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Harmonie wrote:

Recently, I think I have realized me being more playful and joking around with people I like. Perhaps that's "flirting". IDK. :huh:

Yes, that's flirting. :nerdy:

Oh dear. :pale:

Looks like I need to watch myself, then. I'm oblivious to even my own flirting. :silent:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 4:50 pm

Flirting is tricky. People often flirt because it’s fun, not because they are genuinely interested in someone. Maybe if we were to liken interest to a sickness, flirting could be a symptom but you often need more than one for a diagnosis. :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 5:06 pm

A lot of people do flirt for fun in my experience. As the above poster said, the frequency of flirtation would probably determine the context of the flirting between two people, assuming that the flirting was reciprocated.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2024, 5:07 pm

Tell them this:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 11:11 am

Except mine are union jack.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 11:17 am

I have noticed that some car lots have the hoods of their cars open to show they are honest and above board. May I suggest that that you walk around with your mouth open so other people will think the same of you.

Last edited by Aspinator on 05 Mar 2024, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 11:39 am

:lol:

I go into painstaking detail about any female issues I might be experiencing at the time. It helps promote intimacy.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 12:38 pm

in the spirit of which this thread was Started " Obviously ,, you leap and pounce on them until they Submit to admit to liking you . :mrgreen: :heart: .... on a daily basis or more . :ninja: . Pass secret notes to them inbetween displaying pictures of oversized genitalial :arrow: :arrow: :heart: ... or just Havor to them until they lean or start sniffing , back on you . :roll:
Always being "cautious" about appearing friendly towards larger mammalian species,when engaging in such activities .

where ever you go ,there you are

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 1:35 pm

^ Yeah!

Weasel their number out of a friend of a friend and send ‘em a nude pic. It’s often best to find one online.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 1:47 pm

I go to their house

I knock on the door

I have a gift

They open the door

They look confused

I leave the gift

I run away

????

Yayyy i got a relationship

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?