Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Dec 2023, 9:10 pm

Hey, all. Has anyone heard of the 1979 movie Being There? A brief summary:
"Simple-minded gardener Chance has spent all his life in the Washington D.C. home of an old man. When the man dies, Chance is put out on the street with no knowledge of the world except what he has learned from television. After a run-in with a limousine, he ends up a guest of Eve and her husband Ben, an influential but sickly businessman. Now called Chauncey Gardner, Chance becomes friend and confidante to Ben, and an unlikely political insider."

A true classic, IMO.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2023, 10:42 pm

Absolutely loved it. Saw it in the theater when it came out. Loved the way he strolled out onto the surface of a lake at the end, casually walking on water and poking his umbrella into the water.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 11:27 am

It is a really, really good movie!

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2023, 8:37 am

A funny film. 'Being There' seems to me a satire of how very ignorant and naive people can end up in very prominent positions in society.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 3:16 pm

You wouldn't mean to imply that a fool with a lot of money could be successful in politics, would you! 8O