Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 4:49 pm

I haven't worn sandals or flip-flops in years, but if I did I think socks would help make the sandals feel more comfortable and I wouldn't feel the straps and leather cutting into my skin with every step. You wear shoes without socks, and soon your feet are in agony and full of blisters, why should sandals be any different?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:39 pm

I wear socks with my crocs around the farm when I take off my boots but I'm gonna be putting them back on later.

Socks are a buffer against sweat and grit.

I'm not a sandal sock wearer, however.
I haven't lost all my self respect.

DirkGently69
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 7:08 pm

I never wear socks with sandals/thongs. If you are wearing them, then it’s already generally warmer weather. Socks would only exacerbate the problems of heat and sweat. I also like to colour match my outfits, and I can’t think of anything that would look good good with socks and sandals.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 11:38 pm

I have heard that to, but idk sometimes I think it would be cool to wear sandals with patterned socks, like socks with little cats or dragons or something on them.

I have not been brave enough to do it in public though...it's a shame though because then I never get to show off my regular length socks, just the knee high ones I wear with shorts and skirts.

Campingbare
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2023, 11:40 pm

David1346 wrote:
If you're dining out at a restaurant that has a dress code that requires a shirt and tie, you should not wear socks and sandals.

So, barefoot then?

But seriously, the chance of me being in a restaurant that requires a tie would be measured in picopercent.

Meyer-Briggs: INTP Comorbidities: Narcolepsy, NPD, Alexithemia, Dyspraxia, Prosopagnosia, Anomia, IBS
........................If God meant for us to go around naked, we'd have been born that way........................

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 11:54 pm

belijojo wrote:
Don't you have this kind of trouble? The bottom of the shoe fits my feet too much, like this ,so I sweat. Maybe it’s just me.

You may just need a little foot powder before wearing sandals, I usually get arm and hammer foot spray powder but there are others. But yeah if I don't powder my feet before wearing sandles they get ridiculously sweaty and its unpleasant to have super sweaty sandals on for sure.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 12:03 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Don't you have this kind of trouble? The bottom of the shoe fits my feet too much, like this ,so I sweat. Maybe it’s just me.

You may just need a little foot powder before wearing sandals, I usually get arm and hammer foot spray powder but there are others. But yeah if I don't powder my feet before wearing sandles they get ridiculously sweaty and its unpleasant to have super sweaty sandals on for sure.

thanks

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 2:41 pm

I don't wear socks with sandals if it has the toe thong thing but if they are slide on sandals then I always wear socks. Because feeling my bare feet on the inside of open shoes feels disgusting.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2024, 10:01 pm

I don't have any sandals, but if I did, I'd wear them with socks if it felt more comfortable. I don't care how a few idiots might feel about it. I don't know where they get their ideas from.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2024, 3:22 pm

Lately I have been wearing shorts, socks and crocs at the gym when I lift weights. It looks totally crazy. It's only temporarily until I buy a new pair of training shoes.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2024, 12:41 am

BillyTree wrote:
Lately I have been wearing shorts, socks and crocs at the gym when I lift weights. It looks totally crazy. It's only temporarily until I buy a new pair of training shoes.

I think it would look crazier if you did not wear socks with the crocs. If your feet get sweaty, then you could slip in them!

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

06 Mar 2024, 7:47 pm

I wear sports slides without socks in colder weather but when it warms up I ditch the socks.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2024, 12:51 am

I haven't worn socks with sandals since I was a child.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2024, 3:24 am

I wear sandals only when it is really hot outside, actually during summer. And I never wear socks during summer, not even at home, I like to have my feet bare and free, since most of the year they are strangled in various kinds of shoes and tight socks. And, personally, I don't find the combination of sandals and socks fashionable, but I don't mind if other people like it thay way. It can actually be funny to wear it that way on the purpose, to make an anti-fashion statement. The most important thing is what makes you comfortable.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 3:50 pm

Not certain if this is the right discussion-thread to post the following:

Any thoughts on wearing socks (or not wearing socks) with slippers?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:04 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Any thoughts on wearing socks (or not wearing socks) with slippers?

I always wear socks when I'm wearing slippers, simply because I like my feet to be warm and socks are a good start towards that goal. Plus, my feet don't like the feel of some slippers, so the socks act as a buffer against sensory issues.