Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mr_F
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jan 2024, 1:39 pm

Vander571 wrote:
Yes!

Suffered from massive ones, usually caused by other people/situations. One time all the blood ran from my head and I turned blue. I could not stand for 45min

They can set off IBS too.

I also get the smaller ones, like when watching TV that comes out of nowhere.

What has done the trick for me (and really well too) is the teachings of Eckart Tolle (he has plenty of meditation videos on Youtube) His wife Kim is also good.

ET teaches not just to focus on the breath, but the inner body and become very quiet and still within.

It took a few years, but I reckon I have reduced the attacks by about 90%

I still get a few, and the occasional bigger one. but i also recover a lot quicker now too.
And to just add, I have been able to reduce a lot of other issues this way as well, like anger. (I used to be so angry! :evil: )

Hope this helps. :D

Thats great its reduced yours by 90% - I have just bought Eckart Tolle's book - Power of Now. :D

Mr_F
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jan 2024, 1:40 pm

Eyeselation wrote:
Mr_F wrote:
Since I received my diagnosis a few weeks back, I have been experiencing panic attacks which feel like they come from nowhere. So I could just be sat watching the TV and a panic attack kicks in. They can last for up to an hour every time. I have had panic attacks in the past but recently they feel much worse. I TRY to focus on breathwork as this was a coping mechanism of old, but even that seems to be doing very little.

Does anyone have any useful coping techniques for when that dreaded panic kicks in?

Many thanks

Ashwagandha is a life saver for me. It’s an over the counter dietary supplement. My anxiety, social phobia, PTSD and IBS used to be so bad that I couldn’t leave the house for months at a time. Prescribed meds never worked for me, couldn’t tolerate. But after a few weeks of taking the supplement I noticed improvement in my symptoms with no side effects. Been taking daily for years now. Works so well that last year I went on a group tour to Ireland by myself. Never in a million years did I think I could do something like that when I used to panic and break out in a sweat just thinking about leaving my house let alone getting on a plane packed with people. Not saying it will work as well for you but it might be worth giving a try.
Hope you find relief from your symptoms.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ashwagandha

Thanks for the recommendation. I have heard about this stuff, but just been prescribed some prescription meds so going to see how they go first. Glad to hear yours has helped you though thats great :heart: