Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jetso
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2024, 7:04 pm

I don't see a problem with it. It is better than teenagers egging people's property on Halloween.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 7:09 pm

I thought you egg houses on Devil's Night, not Halloween. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 7:40 pm

I don't have a problem with it, either.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Jan 2024, 1:32 am

I don't have a problem with teens trick-R-treating either. Not a lot of teens do that where I'm originally from thou unless they're like 13. Usually the older teens get together & watch scary/horror movies or have a party like a bonfire thing. Those things sometimes involve drinking, drug use, & casual sex but not really vandalism. I never did any of that stuff except for watching movies or Halloween eps of shows but I did that at home by myself(parents were home but they were doing their own thing).

funeralxempire wrote:
I thought you egg houses on Devil's Night, not Halloween. :?
It's called Cabbage Night where my girlfriend is from. IDK how cabbages are related unless way back then people used cabbages somehow to commit vandalism :shrug: That night was not really a thing where I'm from. I don't think I ever heard of anyone in the state being vandalized on Halloween or the night before unless they lived around New Orleans & it was crime or gang related.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2024, 2:13 pm

In my area it is not so uncommon for teens to trick-or-treat. Some think it is wrong or strange though. It is common for teens to pass out candy if they aren't trick-or-treating.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jan 2024, 9:27 pm

My last year of trick-or-treating was when I was 14. I remember that night Mom told me that I was too old to go trick-or-treating and that night was to be my last. I was a little upset because I enjoyed trick-or-treating. But when I got older, I learned to accept it, and Mom still let me have candy on Halloween, which made me feel better about outgrowing trick-or-treating.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 10:22 pm

nick007 wrote:
It's called Cabbage Night where my girlfriend is from. IDK how cabbages are related unless way back then people used cabbages somehow to commit vandalism :shrug: That night was not really a thing where I'm from. I don't think I ever heard of anyone in the state being vandalized on Halloween or the night before unless they lived around New Orleans & it was crime or gang related.

Cabbages make less mess when they hit the wall, but much more damage when they hit a window. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う