Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ijustwannatalk
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jan 2024, 10:54 pm

Hello.

I read a post on WP (which I can’t find now) where it was asked if anyone had made friends here. Frankly, I haven’t been able to, but I’ve read several comments here and I have wanted to know the people who have written them, at least through messages. I’m 30 years old, I’m not autistic, I came here (long story that I already published in my first post; I think it’s against the rules to link to an old post, or I don’t know) because, among other things, I feel that I can improve my social skills. If you wish, you can send me a PM, or we can add each other on Whatsapp if we agree.

(By the way, English is not my native language, it’s Spanish.)

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 11:22 pm

hello

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 8:36 am

When you first join the forum, you will not be able to use all the tools that other members have, such as posting links. In time this ability will be added to your account if you continue to write. I am not sure why someone who does not have our conditions would want to participate in our forum.

It is strange that you write that you would like to improve your social skill by becoming a member. Most of the individuals on this site do not have social skills.

ijustwannatalk
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2024, 2:18 pm

Thank you for writing in this post.

That comment felt a bit harsh. I should be a bit more explicit then:

* Regarding whether or not to have a condition, I read in an introductory WP post that it is not necessary to have autism to participate and be part of the forum community. Moreover, the invitation is extended to all those people who, in other words, might have some difficulty similar to or related to any of the autism criteria, regardless of whether the person does not have it.
* When you have a difficulty in something and you want to improve, you can choose to relate to people with whom you can share similar experiences or framed within that type of difficulty. That is my choice.

I don’t like harsh comments, I want to be clear on that. I understand that comments like that may be due to what is called “trust issues”, but I’m not going to delve into that here.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 4:41 pm

welcome, you will find most members here are understanding and kind. If we ask questions it is likely because we want more information so we can understand something better, not meaning to give you problems! Glad you are with us, hope you find what you need.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 4:50 pm

Hello.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 6:20 pm

Bienvenidos a Planeta Equivacado! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 1:04 am

Welcome to WP :salut:

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jan 2024, 10:15 am

Welcome. I hope you find what you need. Please understand, comments might come across as harsh without the intent of being that way. Being direct is common and the fastest way to a conclusion/answer. But your honesty is very welcome.