Old age

Nutrition

Heavy backpack

Rapidly decomposing

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 8:28 pm

I've often had mild to moderate back pain for a day or two at a time, but never so bad as to make me go and get medical help. About 30 years ago it got very bad and I couldn't stand up, but it went away by itself. I got a bit of hip pain a few weeks ago, which was driving me nuts when it was at its worst, but again it went away without my having to do much about it.

I just do a yoga thing called the cobra pose (Bhujangasana) whenever I'm worried about back pain, and it seems to clear it up. I don't think there's much wrong with my back, except that my general posture isn't very good. I also get a bit of shoulder strain from time to time. I think it's normal for humans to get a few minor strains like that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jan 2024, 9:01 pm

I sometimes have back pain. It's more often when I wake up probably from the way I slept but I occasionally have it other times. I don't have good posture partly due to bad vision(I lean forward to see better) & I'm usually sedentary except the couple years I was working. My body isn't used to me being active so it's easy to hurt when I am. I'm in the middle of doing laundry right now & my back hurts slightly but it's not bad. I took the anti-inflammatory Aleve when I ate my so-called breakfast before getting started. I've been even less active than usual for the last month because my feet & ankles hurt & have some swelling. I'm not sure why & doc didn't really look into it but their slowly getting better. I think being more active would help in lots of ways but I'm afraid to injure myself more right now by overdoing it.

I've discussed back pain with my docs before & been given back exercises to do but I never remember at a good time to do them. I've been prescribed Aleve to use occasionally for back pain & other reasons like very occasional migraines or other pain. A few months ago I woke up with really bad back pain that was still bad the next day so I had a walk in appointment with a random doc at the health center. I hadn't been very active the couple days before the pain so the doc thought it was due to the way I slept & prescribed me the mussel-relaxer Baclofen to take as needed for a couple days in addition to some more Aleve. The pain was gone a couple days later.

Around 17 years ago(maybe) I've had an MRI & CT scan done on back because I had bad side-effects from a new med & felt like I was having a stroke. I think my blood-pressure had got too low. The tests were because my doc wanted to rule back/nerve issues out. I was told I had a slightly bulging disk but it should not of been causing any problems at that point but could potentially later. Maybe that's related to my occasional back pain.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition