Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 6:19 am

Been working at home Depot since 2020 as lot attendant. Every day, plenty of day laborers loiter around the parking lot. All day. The men's litterbox only contains three toilets. Not enough for all the riffraff. The store in the middle of a homeless encampment. Litterbox often out of order. Two hand dryers way too loud. Bathroom code locked. Every time a customer goes to the litter box and employee has to open it. Annoying.

November 2021 to May 2022, five separate days, while I was in the litterbox, a day laborer had the nerve to reach under the partition and stomp on my foot. The first time I screamed and he burst out laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. The first time, I stayed in there until after the bowel movement. By the time I tattled to security he has already left the litterbox. There are plenty of security guards, loss prevention and two standby cops at all times. However when you need them they are not there. When you do not need them they are there. There is a video tape of the litterbox entrance. After the fifth time I tattled on the lil dipshit, loss prevention showed me a video tape and told me that "we will take care of it". That was May 2022. The litterbox court jester didn't stomp on my foot again, but he still came back to the building and the litterbox often. One time he had the nerve to pat me on the arm. And I tattled.

Please believe that I don't want to interact with the cops. They just put on smoke and mirrors and don't really do anything.

Plenty of suspicious looking precious lil "people" frequent home Depot and I feel endangered. Home Depot does not "discriminate" against them. Even assistant manager don and lot attendant Steve said they had been to jail. Home Depot still hired them. They have "rights". Steve is "buddy -buddy" with a lot of people, some of whom have termination authority. Steve gets away with sitting around the picnic table half his shifts and doesn't get made redundant. He's been working there seven years.

Sometimes around 2022, stopped seeing the Litterbox Court Jester.

Yesterday on the way to work, the Litterbox Court Jester had the nerve to pass me on a bike. He made a sudden noise that scared the s**t out of me but everyone has "freedom of speech". There's nothing to tattle on. And I don't feel comfortable interacting with the cops, security or managers. Some of them don't look approachable.

Home Depot has a right to ban customers but only salaried managers can do that. But there is no way to enforce the ban. So many people come through the doors every day and some of them look alike. Other stores might be able to enforce bans on customers but home Depot is so disorganized and the communication is bad.

Been applying for other jobs. Zero offers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2024, 4:58 pm

I have nothing to add except good luck finding a different employer this year.

The strangest part of this whole post is that Home Depot has two assigned police officers. Retail stores having police stationed at/inside them is a completely foreign concept to me - which makes sense for this thread since it's in a different country.. but still, very strange.

Whenever I see a cop in a mall or retail store I look around to see Why they're there.. sometimes might be a bit of excitement to gawk at. But they're not there Ever because they were posted there and are supposed to stand around greeting/observing retail shoppers -> that's what Walmart greeters, cashiers, security guards and LPO's are for. MOST retail stores don't even have uniformed security guards. You know you're in a sketchy part of town with very high retail theft when you see one posted at the front of a store. The two I can think of are a Canadian Tire store ~10 min drive from home and a Shoppers Drug Mart (or Pharmasave? both red logos) near Commercial-Broadway Skytrain station in Vancouver. Oh, and a London Drugs in Guildford Mall. I'm sure there are other stores with security guards, but they're few and far between.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 1:39 am

Sweet Pea hugs

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 11:12 pm

today i saw the litterbox court jester in the litterbox. he didn't bother me.

however, i am still uncomfortable he's still loitering around. Loss Prevention never told me the banned him permanetly, and even if they did, Home Depot has no method of enforcing the ban, b/c the entrances are not always staffed, and when they are staffed, it's just security guards. and there are different security guards every day.

inherent to the process. home depot can "ban" anyone it wants, but there is no way of enforcing the ban. esp since so many precious lil "people" go to home depot ever single damn day, and some of those precious lil "people" look just like eachother.

precious lil "people" are *constantly* outnumbering, overpowering, and outsmarting me, s**t!