Dificulity Getting Started/Getting Stuck?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Vander571
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jan 2024, 11:51 pm

BTDT wrote:
Maybe try to do something every day? It doesn't have to be much. Just to get into a routine as we often like to get into routines.

I did try that. Took up some fitness/training routine about 6 months ago. It must have pulled all my attention as everything else in life went sideways and I didn't even notice. I eventually burned out and some other events triggered a catastrophic meltdown/nervous breakdown.

Now I can't get started on anything much at all. And the routine I had (including eating certain food) has all gone out the window. It's like I was stuck in one direction, had a meltdown. Brain reset. New routine yet to be started.

I've been like this before many times. It must be the inertia, as getting started and trying to make a connection to something again is really hard. Anhedonia may have something to do with it too.

Oddly, I'm cooking something right now I haven't made in like 5 years. I've been wanting to make it for months but could not seem to do it. 

I'm weirder than I originally thought. :roll:

I don't have Autism, I was born this way. I'm simply called an Autistic.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 8:33 pm

I've always had trouble with filing. If I can't see something, I have to guess if it was sorted by size, function, colour, date, material or something else. Does a glass cutter belong with the scissors, the screen roller, or the cold chisels?
Anyway, I'm doing a big cleanup, and I noticed that one efficient tactic is to look for a double handful of things that all go to the same place, just picking them from the chaos until it is well thinned out, and only miscellany is left.

I should also mention that I was so overwhelmed by moving here that it was years before I figured out which screens went on which windows, which was the hot tap for the washing machine, how to keep the toilet from running
sometimes, or even that I could drain my sprouts into something other than the very first container I'd used for that.

Last year, after over a decade of anticipation, I overhauled a car. The parts of the job that I'd thought about and worried over turned out to be minor concerns overall. I still had no real idea of what was involved, but I resolved to find some way to make progress each day, and now it runs well.