Lauren Boebert under investigation - incident with ex

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 6:45 pm

Lauren Boebert’s Ex Called The Cops After Physical Fight in Public on Saturday Night

Quote:
On Saturday night, three years to the day after supporters of Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol building, election objecting Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) is the subject of an active police investigation into an alleged physical altercation with her ex-husband, Jayson Boebert, at a restaurant in her district Saturday night.

The Silt Police Department confirmed an “active investigation” in a phone call Saturday night, but would not comment further. A Boebert aide told The Daily Beast that no one was arrested.

According to the aide, on Saturday, Jayson Boebert had called the police to the Miner’s Claim restaurant in Silt, claiming that he was a “victim of domestic violence.” The aide emphasized that Lauren Boebert denies any allegation of domestic violence on her part, and that the events as depicted in social media posts on Saturday were not accurate.

In April, Boebert filed for divorce, which was finalized months later. Jayson Boebert told The Denver Post that he does not want to press charges related to the alleged incident on Saturday.

An anti-Boebert super PAC called “American Muckrakers” first publicized the rumor of the incident Saturday night, in eye-popping posts on X, formerly Twitter. On Sunday, Jayson Boebert told The Daily Beast that the details of the altercation on American Muckrakers was accurate and that his ex-wife had “punched” him in the face multiple times. Jayson Boebert also purported to have a witness to the events and said that he took back his claim that police were too aggressive with him: “I respect our officers and appreciate what they have to endure. I shouldn’t have said anything negative toward them. I was unhappy.”

Jayson Boebert added that he was going to phone the police and ask them to call off the investigation.

In an official statement to The Daily Beast on Sunday, Lauren Boebert said: “This is a sad situation for all that keeps escalating and another reason I’m moving. I didn’t punch Jayson in the face and no one was arrested. I will be consulting with my lawyer about the false claims he made against me and evaluate all of my legal options.” (Boebert recently announced she would be moving to a new, more conservative district in her bid to win a third term in 2024. She narrowly won reelection in her current district in 2022 by only 500 votes.)

While The Daily Beast has not been able to verify the specific claims about the incident, on Saturday night, the aide to Lauren Boebert provided more detail about the events as Congresswoman Boebert had described them

In the early evening on Saturday, the aide said, it was already getting physical. Lauren Boebert had driven to her ex-husband’s house to pick up one of her sons for dinner at her mother’s house. Jayson Boebert was home, the aide said, and as Lauren Boebert and her son were leaving for the car, he tried to move in close to hug her; she put her hand on his chest to keep him back, the aide said.

When Jayson Boebert called later that evening to apologize, he asked if they could meet in person. Lauren Boebert agreed; however, the aide said, she wanted to go to a public place, anticipating that—especially given the alleged behavior earlier that day—he might be confrontational. The congresswoman “didn’t want it to be he said/she said” situation, the aide said.

They chose to meet at Miner’s Claim, a restaurant in Boebert’s small hometown of Silt. (Miner’s Claim is, apparently, the only game left in town, now that the Boeberts have closed their old restaurant, Shooter’s.)

Inside, at the table, Jayson Boebert apparently started “being disrespectful,” “being an as*hole,” and getting “lewd,” the aide relayed. The alleged behavior revolted Lauren Boebert, but that seemed to make her ex more aggressive, the aide said. There was then apparently a physical altercation of indeterminate severity.

Jayson Boebert “made a motion” towards his ex-wife, “to grab her.” It was “an aggressive move, not romantic,” the aide relayed.

As Lauren Boebert described it, the aide said, she tried again to keep him back and in the process “put her hand in his face, put her hand on his nose.” (The Muckrackers’ post describes a violent confrontation, with the congresswoman landing two punches on her ex’s nose. The aide said that Boebert maintains she didn’t punch him.)

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 12:11 am

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

The saddest part is it's hard to tell whether this will hurt or hell her re-election campaign. Hopefully hurt over all, but I bet there's a group of her voters ready to double down their support for her because of this incident.

Would be nice if the world, everywhere, started electing more scientists, (retired) doctors, engineers etc vs. poli-sci majors & lawyers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 8:44 am

Lauren Boebert's Ex-Husband Arrested

Quote:
Rep. Lauren Boebert's ex-husband was reportedly arrested on weapons and assault charges on Tuesday.

Jayson Boebert was arrested on six charges, including prohibited use of weapons, third-degree assault, and obstructing a peace officer, The Daily Beast reported, citing Garfield County jail records.

It was not immediately clear if the arrest and charges were connected to that incident, but police previously confirmed they were investigating it.

Jail records confirm Jayson Boebert was released later on Tuesday, CBS News reported. His bond was set at $2,500.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman