Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

soulipsism
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2024, 3:38 pm

Hey! I’m Alex, and I’m new to Wrong Planet. I’m a high school senior with diagnosed ADHD, OCD, and anxiety. Up until recently, I never even considered the possibility that I was on the spectrum — I’m perfectly capable of interacting with other people, and I grew up thinking autism just meant bad social skills. Recently, an (autistic) friend of mine said that I, and I quote, “seem autistic”, so I started looking up autism and how it presents in teenage girls out of curiosity…and guess what, folks? I might be autistic.

Anyways. I’m here because I’m trying to learn more about autism, what it means, and how to live with it. I also have pretty bad imposter syndrome in regards to my OCD and ADHD (and potentially now autism), which is something I’d like to work on. I also would love to find people with similar interests to me who I can chat with.

I never know what to put in these introduction posts, so I’ll say a little bit about myself. I was just accepted into the college of my dreams (!), I have a horse whom I love dearly, and I like classical literature. Recently I’ve been reading The Divine Comedy and The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 4:07 pm

Welcome to the forum!

:alien:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 4:10 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it interesting.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 5:42 pm

Welcome. I joined this site over four years ago to ask questions as I felt guilty for being put on a waiting list to be assessed for autism. Recently I finished the assessment process. It was interesting!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 6:05 pm

Ahoy-hoy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 11:13 pm

Welcome to WP!! !

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 11:29 pm

welcome

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 8:33 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. You are young and looking for answers. I am old and I understand things but we live in a very strange universe. Humans have multiple brains. One exist on the left side of the skull and the other on the right side. The left side is dominant. It grows and around age 11 or 12 completes the transition and becomes our daytime brain. But some of us die before that age and our brain does a brain flip. Our right side of our brain comes online and becomes our primary brain, our dominant brain. The two sides of our brain are very different. Our right side is so huge in its thinking pattern. We are just a small speck in the world and there is so much to explore.

So you are young. Explore the world and don't always accept anything at face value. Become the person you are meant to be. You can move like a rocket ship.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 4:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 12:57 am

Welcome to WP :salut: