My apology letter about encouragement of Activism of Care

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 9:30 pm

I started to feel guilt and remorse for encouraging Activism of Care. At first, he seemed to be very trustworthy and right until he compared Asperger Syndrome, any forms of ASD as being annoying to being pompous to personality disorders. And in there, he was so convincing and self-righteous that I compared some of my symptoms of repetitive behaviors to NPD, and it is only today that I deleted that comment from there.

I am still subscribed to his YouTube channel, but I don't watch most of his videos, because I don't agree with most things he say.

I think I need to think about the consequences of my actions, because it is recently that I started to feel guilt and remorse for what I did.

I feel like I was making fun of myself and everyone with ASD. It's just that after I watched his video about Asperger Syndrome, I started to hate myself and then later on and felt like I hate people with ASD and felt so ashamed about it recently. It was an internalized ableism, and his video made me myself, but I felt very hypocritical afterwards.

I feel guilty for that encouragement, I wish there is something in can do to improve myself, I am sorry :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 1:06 am

Sweet Pea hugs

I accept your apology.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 10:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Sweet Pea hugs

I accept your apology.

Thanks! I still feel guilty though, I need some time to forgive myself.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 1:01 pm

I think it is important to be able to laugh at yourself...and I would consider that to include laughing at a subpopulation you are clearly a member of. I think the important thing would be to take it seriously enough to keep it sort of correct but not to take it too seriously.

Chiliwailer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2024, 1:11 pm

Just want to say that I fully respect your reflection, remorse, and honesty.

From experience, I think if you can learn and move on, as a more informed and thoughtful person, then you’ll be ok down the line. Time heals. Balance your guilt with the humbleness of your original post perhaps?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2024, 1:59 pm

Thanks! Of course!