Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 1:51 pm

jimmy m wrote:
There is a very interesting book that you might read. It is called Whole Brain Living by Jill Bolte Taylor. She was a top medical doctor at one of the major medical schools in the U.S. She was around 35 and suffered a very severe stroke. It was a brain bleed and she almost died as a result. But she came back. But she came back as her right side brain instead of her dominant left side brain. She was a very different person. She was a new age woman. She described the four people that exist within the human brain. Her book provides some very interesting perspectives of how the human brain develops.

It doesn't perfectly describe my experience because I died around the age of 3 or 4 when I was a child attacked by a large bull. It was like being attacked by a dinosaur. I survived. I lived through what is normally described as a near neat experience. I stood next to my dead body and a voice said, "Live or Die, Choose." I could not stand the utter horror on my father and mother's face. So I said Live.

So we exist in a very strange world. Humans have multiple brains. That is why we are some of the most complex creatures that have ever existed in our world, and probably most worlds throughout the universe.

Thank you for this reference about the book , "Whole Brain Living " it sounds interesting and hopefully insightful for me . :D

where ever you go ,there you are