The makers of the "God Made Trump" video were serious?

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 3:54 am

Why not just vote Biden to avoid trump?

Almost everything has improved under Biden vs. trump so why not vote for more of the same instead of insane?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 5:57 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Almost everything has improved under Biden vs. trump so why not vote for more of the same instead of insane?

Well.... he can't bungle Afghanistan withdrawal twice at least unless he sends us back in there just to pull out again. It would also be interesting to see what kinds of further backroom deals Hunter can get with Ukraine and China.

I still remember watching Democrat debates last time around - sort of pulling for Yang or Gabbard to move up - and instead it was just carney barking and 3rd grade level language from the 'superstars' who got most of the floor and talked to the electorate like they were breaking out the mini carpets to huddle on the floor and watch Reading Rainbow.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 6:08 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Well.... he can't bungle Afghanistan withdrawal twice at least unless he sends us back in there just to pull out again. It would also be interesting to see what kinds of further backroom deals Hunter can get with Ukraine and China.

I realize that you have psychic powers, and know more than the courts of law know...about Hunter Biden. And know what they dont know (that he is guilty of something or other).

But what exactly is your better idea for how any POTUS should have dealt with Afghanistan?

If what he did was a "blunder" than what was the alternate course of action that would have been a non blunder?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 6:10 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I realize that you have psychic powers, and know more than the courts of law know...about Hunter Biden. And know what they dont know (that he is guilty of something or other).

But what exactly is your better idea for how any POTUS should have dealt with Afghanistan?

If what he did was a "blunder" than what was the alternate course of action that would have been a non blunder?

I'll let Sam Harris handle that.

And yes... the same Sam Harris who recently said that if Hunter Biden had dead bodies in his basement he'd rather cover that up just to avoid Trump getting elected.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:02 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I still remember watching Democrat debates last time around - sort of pulling for Yang or Gabbard to move up - and instead it was just carney barking and 3rd grade level language from the 'superstars' who got most of the floor and talked to the electorate like they were breaking out the mini carpets to huddle on the floor and watch Reading Rainbow.

trump is the one that made the sh***y deal with the Taliban for a hard pull out date. Biden just had to deal with it as best as possible.

Whoopdeedoo.. hunter had a job and sold some art. Meanwhile Ivanka gets a bunch of patents from China while working in the White House, Jared gets $2 BILLION from the Saudi's a few months after leaving the White House, and trump himself has been busted accepting $7.8M in payments from china and other countries while he was president - but it was probably a lot more money because that's only from a few businesses over 1 year or so; trump refused to show the rest of the documentation that would show how much money he actually made from foreign countries while being president.

If they're both evil, Biden is definitely the lesser evil. Plus his administration is reducing the deficit vs. the $7.8 TRILLION that trump added to the national debt in 4 years. Even just based on bottom line accounting Biden is the better choice.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:22 am

goldfish21 wrote:
trump is the one that made the sh***y deal with the Taliban for a hard pull out date. Biden just had to deal with it as best as possible.

Whoopdeedoo.. hunter had a job and sold some art. Meanwhile Ivanka gets a bunch of patents from China while working in the White House, Jared gets $2 BILLION from the Saudi's a few months after leaving the White House, and trump himself has been busted accepting $7.8M in payments from china and other countries while he was president - but it was probably a lot more money because that's only from a few businesses over 1 year or so; trump refused to show the rest of the documentation that would show how much money he actually made from foreign countries while being president.

If they're both evil, Biden is definitely the lesser evil. Plus his administration is reducing the deficit vs. the $7.8 TRILLION that trump added to the national debt in 4 years. Even just based on bottom line accounting Biden is the better choice.

One's a crap sandwich, the other is diahreah dip.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:31 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

One's a crap sandwich, the other is diahreah dip.

Yeah, but one of them didn't make decisions that got a massively disproportionate number of Americans killed during a pandemic And didn't scheme an insurrection and say his Vice President deserved to be hung by an angry mob. He also didn't say 9083480439 times that China was paying Billions and Billions in tariffs - lol trump doesn't understand that tariffs are paid by Americans importing goods.

The one that didn't do those things is at least a decent human being. Career politician, sure. Plagiarized some speeches in his day? Yep. Told a lie? For sure. But so what - if they're both crap trump is the biggest steaming pile and Biden is barely even a stain in the undies.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:52 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Yeah, but one of them didn't make decisions that got a massively disproportionate number of Americans killed during a pandemic And didn't scheme an insurrection and say his Vice President deserved to be hung by an angry mob. He also didn't say 9083480439 times that China was paying Billions and Billions in tariffs - lol trump doesn't understand that tariffs are paid by Americans importing goods.

The one that didn't do those things is at least a decent human being. Career politician, sure. Plagiarized some speeches in his day? Yep. Told a lie? For sure. But so what - if they're both crap trump is the biggest steaming pile and Biden is barely even a stain in the undies.

I can't be that charitable to Biden and syndicate.

I'm not at all saying Trump is a better alternative, I just can't give him a pass for not being Trump similar to how I couldn't give Hillary a pass.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:17 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I can't be that charitable to Biden and syndicate.

I'm not at all saying Trump is a better alternative, I just can't give him a pass for not being Trump similar to how I couldn't give Hillary a pass.

lol biden "and syndicate." Meanwhile it's that troll trumplestiltskin that's the massive white collar criminal about to pay hundreds of Millions of dollars for defrauding banks & the State of New York.

As for not voting for the lesser evil.. that's why Americans collectively deserved the world of hurt trump brought on them while he was in office. Thankfully he'll be disqualified and/or in jail soon. If he's not in jail in time, racking up convictions from his 91 charges is sure to lose him enough voters to be unable to win an election. So at least there's that.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:20 am

goldfish21 wrote:
lol biden "and syndicate." Meanwhile it's that troll trumplestiltskin that's the massive white collar criminal about to pay hundreds of Millions of dollars for defrauding banks & the State of New York.

As for not voting for the lesser evil.. that's why Americans collectively deserved the world of hurt trump brought on them while he was in office. Thankfully he'll be disqualified and/or in jail soon. If he's not in jail in time, racking up convictions from his 91 charges is sure to lose him enough voters to be unable to win an election. So at least there's that.

He can still be president from prison, that's what I was joking about earlier. That's a distinct possibility that we'll have our first time ever with a president giving state of the union addresses from behind bars.

We're getting to be a real joke. China and Russia might want to laugh but they're too busy choking right now themselves (for China it sounds like they're having enough big problems with their military and water-propelled missiles now that the fuel's gone that the risk of them making a move on Taiwan is looking lower by the day).

What I absolutely hated though about the 2020 DNC primaries.... really? A stage of close to a dozen people and all they do do was just make that a green-lighting strip for Biden and just persuading the public that he was getting coronated by the DNC? No one else on that stage was qualified? I really think it's gotta be the lobbyists king-making.

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 16 Jan 2024, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:22 am

Technically could be, but all kinds of polling indicates that if he's convicted of charges that he's going to lose far too many votes to possibly win. So it's highly improbable that a guy who lost the popular vote twice in a row is going to gain support after criminal convictions for charges that essential amount to treason. (J6, documents case etc.)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Technically could be, but all kinds of polling indicates that if he's convicted of charges that he's going to lose far too many votes to possibly win. So it's highly improbable that a guy who lost the popular vote twice in a row is going to gain support after criminal convictions for charges that essential amount to treason. (J6, documents case etc.)

He's over 50% with that risk on the table.

I'm really starting to think people are dumb enough that he could both get elected and be president from behind bars - we're neither sane nor well as a country. It would really depend on the timing though, ie. whether the RNC could shuffle some lawn chairs and try to pull Nikki Haley or Ron DeSantis. What I don't know is whether someone might try to push the end of the trials out to as close to the election as possible.

This will also be an extra-special election supposedly with the amount of deep fakes AI will be kicking up. I'll probably need to stay as far away from the TV as I can this summer and fall.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2024, 4:07 pm

The main problem is that it's basically a year until the vote, and that's enough time for something age related to happen to Biden, and/or something war related to happen. Both seem to be issues that are winning votes for Angry Orange.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2024, 4:48 pm

The stock market could also collapse, and then Lord Donald would win.

The stock market is notoriously volatile, and is right now very high. What they call a "correction" is bound to happen eventually.