Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

avery14
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jan 2024, 5:16 am

Hi everyone. I go by Avery. New here. Just wanted to introduce myself a little on the forum.

People would probably call me a nerd. I like video games, books, worldbuilding. That I know for sure, I guess. Due to some past mental health history, even after it being ''over'' for some years now, I feel like I lost myself, my identity. I feel like I am empty. I don't really know who I am anymore. So, trying to find what I truly like again. Hobbies. It's hard, cause I experience emotional blunting.

Currently enrolled at Flagler college, probably will attend in person, this upcoming summer. Anxious about going in person, amidst so many college kids... but even if it's a dorm room I am living in, it still means I am out of this house and that freedom is most likely worth it. I'll see when I get there, I guess.

The reason I came to this forum in particular is because, well, I have had many therapists come and go, and I'd say about three have asked if I knew whether or not I was on the autism spectrum, if I was diagnosed or not. Questions along those lines. I have never been formally diagnosed, but my parent has also told me that they often wonder that about me.

This forum also seems like a kinder place than others I've visited surrounding mental health, etc. So here I am.

Thanks for reading.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:22 am

hello

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:23 am

Ahoy-hoy.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:29 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:31 am

Welcome to WP Avery!

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 7:37 am

welcome, feel free to ask questions, you are among others who understand.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 8:02 am

Welcome to WP!

:alien:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 8:05 am

Welcome!

It will be hard but you should spread your wings and learn as much as you can with your new freedom.
Maybe you can learn new skills like shopping for stuff for the dorm! Maybe it could be something done with others as a learning experience as people in different parts of the country like different foods.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 8:46 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet

Worldbuilding, I never heard that one before so I looked it up.

Worldbuilding is the process of constructing a world, originally an imaginary one, sometimes associated with a fictional universe. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers.

I cannot say for sure if you have autism. But there are many tests available on the internet, that can give you a fairly good readout. Try taking some of them and see what results they give you.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 11:13 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

Note that you do not need a formal Autism diagnosis to be here. Nor an informal diagnosis. You can even be here if you are definitely not Autistic and even definitely not Neurodiverse. The price of admission is a polite interest. So, definitely, welcome!

You might be interested in these online tests, which might give you an informal diagnosis:
> Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
> Aspie Quiz You do not have to register to take the quiz!

Oh. The dorms. Have you looked into noise-cancelling headphones?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 12:51 am

Welcome to WP :salut: